Why are Canadians envious of Americans?

by Oroborus21 33 Replies latest jw friends

• Uzzah
    Uzzah

I don't see it so much as jealousy as much as it is just general angst against anything or anyone that considers themselves better than others.

Most of us grew to hate bullies in school. The USA is acting more and more like a bully on the international scene. This is not something of which to be jealous.

The US is to be admired for their market share, the general wealth and success of the country and for their theories of human freedoms.

Admiration and jealousy are two different things. There are many reasons to admire the US but that doesn't mean every other country aspires to be like them.

I admire Sandra Day O'connor, but that doesn't mean I want to be a woman.

Uzzah

• xenawarrior
    xenawarrior

Oh how wonderful- another inciteful thread !!! Now let's post something that will invariably and understandably put the Canadians here on the defense and pit the Canadians and the Americans against one another! Won't that be fun !!!

I guess the end to this kind of crap on this board is nowhere in sight.

(((((((((((hugs to my Canadian friends))))))))))))))))))

XW

• RAYZORBLADE
    RAYZORBLADE

(((((((Xenawarrior))))))

whew...that hug felt real nice

Thanx hon!

• riz
    riz

((((((((((((my Canadian friends))))))))))))) Half of my family is Canadian. The Canadian contingent of my family is not envious of us, and the other half of my family from the States does not think that we are in any way superior to them. These threads are laughable.

• Big Tex
    Big Tex

((((Canada))))

Maybe it's time we stopped this my country is better than yours nonsense. We all have something to be proud of in our homeland. Instead of pointing out the flaws, let's revel in the differences. How boring would it be if we were all the same? Let's just leave it at that.

• RAYZORBLADE
    RAYZORBLADE

Maybe we can get SheilaM to end this thread .

Sheila my dear, if you are reading this.....we are awaiting your skillful secretive powers.

You know what to do...

• Simon
    Simon

Yes, I think there is a difference between discussing a country over a specific issue and just discussing a country in general.

Some people are never going to 'get it' and be able to do anything else than turn things into a heated debate. I'm getting more than a litle pissed off at some of it.

• Simon
    Simon

I think this explains the attitude of Canadians to Americans better than I can ...

http://home7.swipnet.se/~w-72891/CanadianClub/CCsales/ad.html

I love it !

• Mary
    Mary

".....I think Canadians are a little jealous because America gets so much attention in the world and they feel ignored way up there at the top of the continent....."

Think again. I love America, but to my knowledge, I don't know one single Canadian who wants more "attention" lavished on us. Canadians just aren't like that. On the other hand, I freely admit that there are a few things I envy the States for: your currency, (seeing as ours rivals your Confederate dollar in terms of non-value), and at least you have some place WARM where you can move to. Whenever I go to Niagara Falls and look over at Buffalo, N.Y. I always think "Geeze, if I lived on THAT side of the border, I could pack up, move to Hawaii or California with no questions asked. Personally, I think Canada and the States should be split vertically instead of horizontally, so that we can freakin' well move somewhere warm instead of freezing our asses off up here!!!

• xjw_b12
    xjw_b12

OK Seriously.

I do admire theUnited States of America's citizens for their patriotism, and think Canadian's could do a bit better in that department.

xjw_b12 " Canadian of the North American Continent class "

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit