Famous Last Words

by Blueblades 63 Replies latest jw friends

• Blueblades
    Blueblades

Sooner or later it happens to all of us.The time comes for us to draw our last breath and pass from this life into the next.Over the years history has recorded some fascinating "Famous Last Words"...Here are a few.

"I've never felt better".Douglas Fairbanks,Sr.,actor.

"Iam about to----or I am going to-----die;either expression is correct".Dominique Bouhours,French Grammarian.

"Don't let it end like this.Tell them I said something."Pancho Villa,Mexican Revolutionary.

"All my possessions for a moment of time!"Elizabeth 1,Queen of England.

"Everybody has got to die,but I have always believed an exception would be made in my case.Now what?"William Saroyan,Pulitzer Prize winning author/playwright.

"Oh my poor soul,what is to become of you?Where do you go?"Cardinal Mazarin.

"Up until this time,I thought that there was no God,neither Hell.Now I know and feel that there are both,and that I am delivered to perdition by the righteous judgment of the Almighty".Sir Thomas Scott,Chancellor of England.

"I die hard,but I am not afraid to go".George Washington,President of the United States.

I am still in the land of the dying,I shall be in the land of the living soon".John Newton,slave-trader-turned-pastor and hymn-writer.

These words were expressed by men and woman standing on the very threshold of eternity.Some were prepared.They had made their peace with God.But others were completely caught off guard.They were not ready to go.Their last moments were filled with uncertainty--even fear and dread.

Do you know of other famous last words and or what yours might be?

Blueblades

• teenyuck
    teenyuck
    what yours might be?

FucX.....there really is an armageddon!!! OUCH!! (as I fall into a pit with the others and the earth swallows me)

• DFWnonJW
    DFWnonJW

Of course it's all in the timing but ... "live each moment as if it were your la--aa-a..."

• Double Edge
    Double Edge

General Custer: "I never saw so many d*mn Indians in all my life" .... (thought to have been said)

Interesting post.... thanks.

• gitasatsangha
    gitasatsangha

"Shoot damn you. You are only killing a man." - Che Guevara

"Uh-oh" -Astronaut Michael Smith, Last Pilot of Space Shuttle Challenger

"Drink to me" Pabo Picasso

"Nunc Dimittas, Domine -- Nunc Dimittas, Domine." Former President Thomas Jefferson

"Thomas Jefferson still lives" Former President John Adams

"Here you see innocent men die! I am calling you, King Phillip IV of France! I am calling you Pope Clement V! I am calling you, Prime Minister Guilliame de Nogaret, to appear one year from today at the Court of God in order to recieve your legitimized penalty! Cursed! Cursed! Be all of you cursed until your thirteenth generation." Templar Grand Master Jacques De Molay, while burning to death. (Interestingly all three men named in his public curse died within the year of that day.)

• outoftheorg
    outoftheorg

They told me, when 1975 came, I would live forever. They were wrong. Again.

Outoftheorg

• Holey_Cheeses*King_of_the juice.
    Holey_Cheeses*King_of_the juice.

"Maybe now you will believe that I am not well" - words that should be spoken by pope JP

cheeses.

• PopeOfEruke
    PopeOfEruke

"What the f**k was that???" - the Mayor of Hiroshima

Pope

• Francois
    Francois

I'm going to say, "I'll be right back."

francois

• manon
    manon

Good Nite