Venting, Wow, found out just how indoctrinated my wife is

by goingthruthemotions 19 Replies latest jw experiences

• goingthruthemotions
    goingthruthemotions

Just had to share this, tonight we had a heated conversation about the religion. She said everything they teach is 100% true and any mistakes are cleaned up and corrected, that the payouts for the child abuse is not an issue even if its taken from donations. because, she believe 100% the org knows what its doing. she said she would turn her back on any friend she has at the hall if they disagree with the teachings.

i asked hear on a scale of 1 to 10 what level of Jehovah witness is she. she said a 12 if not higher.....as high as it will go. she said she would not hesitate to turn in her the people she knows for wrong doing.

WOW, just how disheartening this is. i never see her waking up. any hope i have of having my authentic wife back is completely gone. i was amazed to see right before my eyes the control this corrupt religion has over her.....so sad.

• pepperheart
    pepperheart

oh dear thats not good news but in time they could sell her kingdom hall off

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

Sad to read. But I imagine it's fairly normal for many JW's still.
    My own wife and mother and mother-in-law would probably be pretty close to the same, adding that any payouts for child abuse were caused by members who are not true JW's, then they would not look into the cases as to how Watchtower was complicit

I was there for my best friend when he was DF'ed, but years later when he is "spiritually strong" again, he wasn't there for me when I was fading, not even DF'ed. It's because he's just as heavily indoctrinated as your wife.

It's not much comfort to me either, that many people are PIMO. I find some comfort in that, but I am way more hopeful for my own wife than for others. But I have to accept that some are falling away as a hopeful sign.

Maybe something will crack your wife's perfect "faith." You never know.

• Tameria2001
    Tameria2001

Sorry to hear this. She sounds just like my mom. On my last conversation with my mom, I asked her what if you found out that the JWs is not the true religion? Her response to me was, "I invested too much of my life to ever walk away."

• DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

Everything they teach is “100% truth” and “any mistakes are cleaned up and corrected”.

Yeah.........that makes sense. It’s 100% Truth.........except for the mistakes.

I get it now. WTF was I thinking?

• days of future passed
    days of future passed

I've come to a conclusion that if my mom had been in Germany under Hitler, she would have proudly turned in Jews and Bible students. She is all about looking for some kind of authority to follow and getting praise from it.

Unless it involves hamburgers. That is her weakness. If I really wanted to work at getting her out (which I am not because she is 83 years old and doesn't want to know) I would ply her with hamburgers and go to exotic restaurants that had cheap deals.

• zeb
    zeb

GTTM.

Your posting is in effect just what I had thrown at me a little time back.

What poison they brew up between themselves is terrifying. Last night she announces she has high blood pressure; such is the price of cognitive dissonance.

I am so grateful for my doctor..

• George One Time
    George One Time

I see something good here:

She said everything they teach is 100% true

I was once convinced like that too. I had the idea in my mind that the Bible is infallible, because it said so. So in the end when I found out it was not, it was all clear to me. One failed prophecy, one contradiction, one time Jehovah did not follow his own principles and the book proves to be just an ordinary one.

And the same with the org.

So if she is that convinced, she might just need a little spark of light one day.

• zeb
    zeb

Has her belief affected your love life? Dont answer please, but if not you are still in her good books.

If she is vigorous then the poison has not got her completely.

Live long, prosper.

• scruffmcbuff
    scruffmcbuff

I was once like that. I was that douchey pioneer. We all know one....

Theres still hope.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit