It's not the same religion anymore.
- I still laugh every time I see that stupid logo!! My husband actually seen a local business truck sporting the logo on a bumper sticker!
Talk about this not being the same religion anymore! This religion used to brag about being the only worshipers of God who held his name soo sacred and how proud they were to pronounce it and make it known. The following are just a few examples of how WT has downgraded and declassed the use of the name.
(2) JW Broadcasting,
(3) jw.org website.
(4) The widely circulated jw.org blue logo
(5) and the official email address...firstname.lastname@example.org
I understand that a trend is now developing among JWs that when you have a sudden need to call on God-you can now just scream out..."YO J"!
The watchtower seems to be more blatant in its idolatry.
Governing body worship
"Kingdom Halls looking like funeral homes."
This happened to the old Columbia Congregation in Lancaster County, PA. Was disbanded (merged into another Mt. Joy congregation), and then sold off to become a funeral home. I believe this is also what happened to the old Red Lion Congregation in York County if memory serves me right.
How fitting. Truly, let the dead bury the dead.
truthseekeriam - "My husband actually seen a local business truck sporting the logo on a bumper sticker!"
"Honk if you're holy..."
"How's my driving? Call 1-800-JW-STUDY..."
"My other car is Jehovah's chariot..."
vid - "My other car is Jehovah's chariot..."
Classic. Yet not out of the bounds of possibility...well, as far as bumper stickers go.
Maybe instead of "J-Dubs", we should call them "J-Worgs", now...
- 4thgen - I remember a kingdom hell that had to remove the yhwh logo from their gates. You're right. The idolotry has gone off the scale with the WBT$.
- A family member told me as of Jan everything is changing. ANd they are so glad because they were getting so bored with it and Jehovah must have known and inspired the GB to make all these changes so it's more interesting.