A special video has been released to assist people who have experienced child sexual abuse within the Jehovah's Witnesses in Australia

by jwleaks 28 Replies latest jw friends

• ThomasMore
    ThomasMore

Has WTC paid into the scheme for victims? Or are they still obfuscating?

• Vidiot
    Vidiot
    ThomasMore - “…Ted was on the list…”

Was? Or is?

The list still exists.

ThomasMore - Has WTC paid into the scheme for victims?”

As of now?

Not a cent.

• Vidiot
    Vidiot
    “…so basically, the fox was put in charge of the henhouse, but not permitted to scrub his own name, so he essentially weaponized the two-witness rule to keep his own alleged acts under wraps, resulting in the problem becoming widespread, institutionalized, and unfixable under the current system…”

I just remembered…

…there was a particular GB member that Jaracz had a long-standing grudge against. Maybe he’s the one who made sure Ted couldn’t delete his own name from the DB.

Anybody remember his name?

And didn’t another insider once hint that Jaracz had essentially sabotaged or doomed the Org (unwittingly or otherwise)?

I’d always wondered what that meant… maybe it was this.

• DNCall
    DNCall

Lloyd Barry

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

Did he have that level of clout?

• DNCall
    DNCall

Yes he did. Knorr replaced Jaracz with Barry as head of the Australia branch. When Barry and Jaracz were both on the GB, Barry chaired the Writing Committee and Jaracz chaired the Service Committee. For years those committees were at odds with each other. It could be argued that Writing had more clout with the GB as a whole than Service. When Jaracz tried to pull the first article written on child abuse, Writing prevailed and the article was released.

• jwleaks
    jwleaks

ThomasMore

Has WTC paid into the scheme for victims? Or are they still obfuscating?

The JWs are billed / charged as each case is agreed and settled WITHOUT the JWs control.

Currently there are up to 756 potential Redress Scheme claimants according to the video, although the real number is believed to be much higher.

[2:16 mark]

The average current Redress Scheme payout, across all institutions, is approximately $90,000. This makes the JWs potential exposure at around $68 million.

• Diogenesister
    Diogenesister
    The average current Redress Scheme payout, across all institutions, is approximately $90,000. This makes the JWs potential exposure at around $68 million.

If I recall correctly, the Australia branch only keeps a relatively small amount in savings/liquid assets. Most of the revenue obtained from publishers/property flipping/wills etc is sent straight to World headquarters in the form of 'charitable donations' to the "World wide work©" .

Will the Ozzie govt will be able to prevent them diverting their money back to Warwick, until they've fulfilled what they owe in redress scheme payments??

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

re. DNcall‘s post…

That actually rings a bell.

It’s been a while since I read Barb Anderson’s story, but I do seem to recall her mentioning that Jaracz was a primary opponent.

Don’t recall her ever suggesting that Jaracz was an offender, though…

…the first time I ever heard that allegation was when I read this:

https://jwsurvey.org/news/governing-body-of-jehovahs-witnesses-named-as-defendants-in-child-abuse-lawsuits

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit