What are the biggest holes in evolution?

by shadow 133 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Half banana
    Half banana
    The principle of evolution is unchallenged. Abiogenesis is another subject as is the existence of God. I'm waiting to get my teeth into the supposed "big holes".
  • Saintbertholdt
    Saintbertholdt
    And was your answer: yes, 42?

Well sort of: I said look here, I have these five loaves and two fishes. I suppose you would not be that interested in eating soggy loaves, but I suspect that you'd be very interested in the two fishes. Now I'd be willing to part with the fishes on the condition that you take this beach ball and put it through that hoop. That way we all win.

Footnote: This is my 777th post. All obeisance to the hidden wonders of the Trinity. The Father, the Son and the Holliest of ghosts.

• The Rebel
    The Rebel
    W

Shadow (Q )" What are the biggest holes in evolution?

The Rebel, a poster on a previous thread made this observation " evolution is just a theory". But In my opinion " The Theory of Evolution by Natural Selection" is the best explanation for my existence.

Anyway tthe " O.P" "What are the biggest holes in evolution? is an important question, and I guess a theory is not a fact. However I also believe this theory has been tested and scrutinised for over 150 years, and is supported by all relevant observations. However a theory is never promoted to a law and some may argue God has provided the Bible to understand his factual account of creation and " Darwins theory of evolution" is just an attempt to undermine those facts.

Therefore I believe for many Christians one of the " biggest holes in evolution" is the bible and its creation account . I belive these are the reasons many Christians refuse to accept the theoris of science and scientists who reveal condtadictory truths.

So in conclusion " The theory of evolution" owes its existence to the unflinching hard work of dedicated and often courageous scientists. But in my opinion some may still doubt those findings,or the accuracy of their testimony, even when they come with impeccable references. For example many a Christian would say God and the bible are the only impeccable reference.

Slimboyfat (Q) " Has anybody asked a dolphin his view of the world?

The Rebel.

1. Why do you ask?

2. Is the Dolphins view of the world supported by science?

The Rebel.

• atomant
    atomant
    Whether or not evolution exists is conjecture.ln a few billion years it wont matter anyway as this is when our sun will run out of hydrogen and when that happens anyone alive will have a big problem and a massive headache and severe case of sunburn that no doctor can fix
  • Saintbertholdt
    Saintbertholdt

The Rebel,

...And I guess my answer would be a theory is not a fact.

But you can actually do stuff with evolution:

Google: evolutionary algorithm for design OR evolved antenna

It works. Its built into the fundamentals of this Universe.

• notsurewheretogo
    notsurewheretogo

The issue lies with the term "Evolution" itself...I've spoken to many a dub who is so confused as to how anyone can believe Evolution because they will say "But it is impossible for life to start from nothing".

Thus, they mix up Abiogenesis and Evolution.

Evidence for Evolution exists...whilst Abiogenesis, there is no proof, or none on the same level as Evolution.

Even the WT gets confused at these terms as they say Evolution is false yet happily admit that species can adapt to the environment or other factors..they simply refuse to acknowledge cross-species evolution of course...

• ttdtt
    ttdtt

Extremely honest. There are literally hundreds of millions of pieces of evidence you can find in the major museums alone. The Natural History Museum in DC has over 50 million pieces themselves.

But the smoking gun if you will is the irrefutable DNA evidence that just can't be ignored.

• ttdtt
    ttdtt

This might help to clarify one of the STUPIDEST challenges you hear about Evolution at the KH.

It's just a theory... VOMIT!!

In everyday usage, "theory" often refers to a hunch or a speculation. When people say, "I have a theory about why that happened," they are often drawing a conclusion based on fragmentary or inconclusive evidence.

The formal scientific definition of theory is quite different from the everyday meaning of the word. It refers to a comprehensive explanation of some aspect of nature that is supported by a vast body of evidence.

• The Searcher
    The Searcher

How many different evolution theories are there, because in my own lifetime I've heard various experts promoting opposing viewpoints to Darwin's theories.

Is there evidence for "cross-species evolution? "

Adaptation is not the same as evolution, is it?

Very many top scientists strongly argue against evolution as being "fact", e.g. "Darwin's Black Box" by Professor Michael Behe. In it, he states that (until he published his book) he had not found any scientific paper which addressed or explained the "evolution" of a simple molecule - not a cell.

Despite the expected detractors, it's the other side of the coin for people to look at and weigh up the differing opinions/scientific data.

• Saintbertholdt
    Saintbertholdt
    In it, he states that (until he published his book) he had not found any scientific paper which addressed or explained the "evolution" of a simple molecule - not a cell.

See: Dynamic Kinetic Stability

Its new, its fresh and now comes with a lemon or pine scent.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit