Why the need for 144000 imperfect humans to Rule with Christ Jesus for 1000 years ? Is he incapable of ruling by himself ?

by smiddy 45 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Perry
    Perry
    Thier is no scripture in the New Testament in the original Greek that implies the followers of Christ would be rulers.

What about this?

And he said unto him, Well, thou good servant: because thou hast been faithful in a very little, have thou authority over ten cities. And the second came, saying, Lord, thy pound hath gained five pounds. And he said likewise to him, Be thou also over five cities. - Luke 19

• Crazyguy
    Crazyguy

Iown mylife, it's my understanding that your not to far off but your using the wrong word. The one that has a different meaning is the word "reigning " this word can mean other things then ruling like a government or king.

• schnell
    schnell
    Maybe it's like THEY rule, as in FALCONS RULE BABY!!!

Yeah, or GOD'S KINGDOM RULES!!!!1

• Iown Mylife
    Iown Mylife

Well we'll see if the Falcons reign or rule or just run home crying.

I always thought about that "heavenly class" business as so weird of a thing that JWs would get so focused on. Why would people in the new system need to be ruled over! I've had enough of being ruled already. If I have to keep on being ruled forever then the new system isn't very attractive to me.

• James Mixon
    James Mixon

1 Corinthians 6:3 "Do you not know that we shall judge angels? That's why Satan and his followers are pissed off,that sucks... How in the hell can the 144000 judge the angeles????

• Perry
    Perry

It's a magnificent promotion.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit