JW Recovery just closed

by Lanzing 25 Replies latest forum links

• Lanzing
    Lanzing

I was surfing JW Recovery .com, All of the sudden a screen came up that says

Jehovah's Witness Recovery
    After much consideration, we have decided to move on to other things, and bring this site to a close. The staff of JWR would like to sincerely thank all of you for your friendship, wisdom, and support over the years.

For other resources, please visit JWfacts, JWsurvey, jehovahs-witness.com, or Reddit/r/exjw. Or, contact a local therapist to set up an appointment to receive in-depth assistance.
  • TimeBandit
    TimeBandit

I didn't see your thread when I started mine...I'll miss JWR, that's who helped me a lot during my exit....

• Taurus58
    Taurus58

Hi - I'm HelenT. How bizarre. (Sudden closing of JWR that is, although Taurus58 is too I suppose). Nice to see you Time Bandit and Twinkle:)

• Taurus58
    Taurus58

And you too Mickey Mouse - mia culpa, xx

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat

What was it? Was that the one with judicial committee videos?

• Designer Stubble
    Designer Stubble

Let me state that JWR was kept in the air for eight years by a small group of admins. It was a tough decision, as we see the support JWR has offered to many, but we all really reached the breaking point were we want to leave everything JW related behind us and move on with our lives. We had some discussion among the admin group and felt it was time to bow out.

The perceived sudden closure is thus not so sudden, but had been brewing for quite a while.

I understand the sudden cut-off may not be elegant, but we contemplated on a lot of fall-out, if we had made an announcement well ahead of time. This was the group decision of all admins and moderators.

I will stay on here for another week to answer any immediate questions and am then bowing out here too. Out for eight years, two Children (teen and preteen), a demanding job - time to move on for me.

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat

It was a forum and you cut off without warning?

Sounds dumb and pretty needless. Could have passed on to others gradually or at least announced it.

• stuckinarut2
    stuckinarut2

The society will probably spin it as a sign that "apostates cant succeed"...or some such stuff...

• Shimmerjet
    Shimmerjet

I am in shock, bang, the rug pulled out from under us.

shame we all didn't get a chance to say our goodbyes,

so many beautiful people there,

hope you are all ok,

• notsurewheretogo
    notsurewheretogo

JWR had less people on it and far fewer nutjobs...I really liked it...people like Fuque and DesignerStubble were decent posters...

Don Cameron, who wrote Captives to a Concept also used to post on there.

I'll miss JWR...but here has calmed down a lot over the last year with nutjobs...

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit