Court case Jehovah's Witnesses Norway kicked off

by AndersonsInfo 57 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• AndersonsInfo
    AndersonsInfo

https://cne.news/article/2827-court-case-jehovah-s-witnesses-norway-kicked-off

Norwegian Jehovah's Witnesses are in court this Wednesday and Thursday. They are fighting the government's decision to remove their registration as a religious community.

The case is between the Jehovah's Witnesses and the Ministry of Children and Families, Dagen reports. The Oslo district court is to rule whether the religious community should retain its status as a religious community and the right to seal marriages. Read More:

https://cne.news/article/2827-court-case-jehovah-s-witnesses-norway-kicked-off

• cofty
    cofty

Thanks Barbara.

The religious community shuns members when they leave the group. That means that family members and friends are forbidden to contact them. The exclusion practice can also be applied to baptised minors if they break the community's rules. The State Administrator argued that these practices violated members' freedom of religion and harmed children's rights by socially isolating them.

Difficult to argue with that. It's hypocritical of them to demand religious freedom while denying it to others. Hopefully the court will uphold the decision.

• Bartolomeo
    Bartolomeo

I hope that in this debate the video presented at a congress a few years ago in which a mother does not answer the telephone call made by her disfellowshipped daughter will be seen and recorded

• ScenicViewer
    ScenicViewer
    It's hypocritical of them to demand religious freedom while denying it to others.

This has got to be one of the biggest hypocricies in the world of religion - Watchtower denies its own followers the same freedom of religion that it insists on for itself.

• Beth Sarim
    Beth Sarim

Bartolomeo;

""I hope that in this debate the video presented at a congress a few years ago in which a mother does not answer the telephone call made by her disfellowshipped daughter will be seen and recorded""

I'm sure that with enough ''leakers'', people who are discontent with the Borg or the Norwegian Gov't looking for information about some American - based religious sect,,,,it will be a matter of time before the Norwegian Gov't catches wind of such videos and they see those videos.

• Biahi
    Biahi

I’m quite sure Jonas (Goatlike) is there, testifying. He’s great.

• ScenicViewer
    ScenicViewer

Goatlike Personality is one of my favorite Youtubers!

• Beth Sarim
    Beth Sarim

Howdy Heretics!!!

Of course. Of course!!! Goatlike is over there. Go Jonas!!

Good observations both Biahi & ScenicViewer

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

Anyone who seriously believes that this is just about being able to legally perform marriages is naive.

The only real benefit the Org gets from registration is the regular checks they’d receive from the taxpayers’ coffers.

Which, once again, begs the question, “why would they need financial assistance from the government so badly?”

🧐

• Beth Sarim
    Beth Sarim

Its just to suit their business model.....

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit