2018 Closes With an Islamist Terror Attack in Manchester

by cofty 23 Replies latest social current

• redvip2000
    redvip2000

@GermanXJW

If I can add something, I don't think you deserve to be called names here. But i think the expectation is that at the very minimum, you must agree that the core ideology of Islam is indeed dangerous. Dangerous enough, that when taken seriously, results in attacks like this one.

If you have friends that choose to call themselves muslim for cultural reasons, but that otherwise don't give a shit about doctrine, well...then great. But this does not negate the fact the religion they hold on to, even if just nominally, is not compatible with modern societies.

And by the way, the woman in a hijab that is consoling that poor man -- to the point i just made -- should be ashamed of herself for wearing a disgusting symbol of misogyny. Many of her sisters that live in muslim countries have no choice but to wear it, under the threat of violence.

• GermanXJW
    GermanXJW

Dr. Peter Hammond? That Dr. Peter Hammond?

Seems he does not only have a problem with Islam but also with Mandela and the end of Apartheid.

https://vishumenon.com/2014/01/21/1008/

“If you believe Christ wants a holy war to preserve apartheid, the Reverend Peter Hammond is your general, his Frontline Fellowship your army,” (The National Catholic Reporter, 1989).

By the way, because Dr Hammond is a moron this cannot be generalized to all people professing to be Christian.

At least he has a hobby to relax:

Peter Hammond, a pastor & director at Cape Town Frontline Fellowship, has been charged with assault, after leading his four children on a paintball shooting spree, targeting trick-or-treaters last Halloween.
    His 11 year old son had originally been a codefendant, but the charges were recently dropped. As a result, the charges against Hammond have been transferred out of juvenile court. Mr. Hammond will file a plea next month.
    Cape Town Frontline Fellowship is an evangelical missionary organization. Peter Hammond is also known for his work as a pro-gun activist, and a number of Chrisitian missionary & anti-islamic books.
  • GermanXJW
    GermanXJW
    If I can add something, I don't think you deserve to be called names here. But i think the expectation is that at the very minimum, you must agree that the core ideology of Islam is indeed dangerous. Dangerous enough, that when taken seriously, results in attacks like this one.

Thanks for your addition. I personally think that the core of idealogy of any religion is dangerous.

• Bungi Bill
    Bungi Bill
    Leon Uris, 'The Haj

Let's keep in mind here in this discussion that The Haj, by Leon Uris, is after all just a work of fiction. The sentiment quoted above from this work reflects the opinion of - not the fictitious Palestinian boy, "Ishmael"- but of the book's author, himself.

I am an avid reader, and Leon Uris is one of my favorite authors. However, a theme that runs through almost all his works is a right old contempt - and in about equal measure - for all things German, Arab and British. This is particularly the case in what he has to say about both the Palestinian Arabs and the British Administration of what was then the Palestine Mandate. If you believed Leon Uris, everything that is wrong in the Middle East is entirely and absolutely the fault of both the Palestinian Arabs and the British Empire.

The Haj is an interesting novel, but should not be treated as a reference work on the Middle East and its problems.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit