what would you choose for your last meal?

by Ravyn 19 Replies latest jw friends

• Ravyn
    Ravyn

We just finished our Anniversary dinner(it was Wednesday but we waited till week end...) and I have to say--I outdid myself this year!

now last year we had our church wedding for our 5th anniversary and we had cajun fried turkey and jambalaya and a wonderful catawba/peach manischevitz wine punch(with gingerale) with peaches and melon floating in the bowl....(very pretty coral colored punch)

we had a red-velvet/almond flavored wedding cake and the groom's cake was deep chocolate with mocha icing... followed at midnight by a shot of Henry McKenna or Irish Mist....

FANTASTIC! (even the priest brought along a designated driver!)

But this year...welllllllllll.......YOU decide! here is my menu(and yes I did it all myself...)

Hor d'oeuvres:

toasted Italian bread points with smoked oysters, kippers, and crabmeat

'garden herb' Triscuits with Vermont extra-sharp hunter's cheddar, and pepper-jack with pepperoni

sauteed portabellos in sherry and butter

cream sherry on the rocks with lime

Salad:

spring bitter greens and butter lettuce with black olives, feta cheese crumbles, grape tomatoes and sweet vidalia onion dressing

Main course:

melt-in-your-mouth-tender ribeyes--marinated in burgundy, ginger, garlic and hot salsa fresca, seared in the left over mushroom butter^

broiled until medium rare

sauteed peeled shrimp in butter, garlic and lemon juice

all served with warm flour tortillas and butter and salsa fresca(tomatoes, tomatillas, cilantro, green and hot peppers, onions, in lime juice and a touch of olive oil)

Bass ale

Dessert:

pecan cheesecake

chocolates

more cream sherry.....

espresso with scalded cream

Ok, ---now I can die happy.....

sooooo....what is your favorite? What would you choose for your last meal?

Ravyn

• SillyPutty
    SillyPutty

Absolutely everything you mentioned. Plus all the lobster and deep fried butterflied shrimp I could get down.

• Francois
    Francois

Pusskettes.

francois

• JudasCain
    JudasCain

I'm not sure what you said Francois, but for my last meal I'd have to have lobster. Of course dessert would be a ruby fruit jungle.

Judas

• Lady Lee
    Lady Lee

Appetizer

• Mushrooms sauteed in lemon garlic butter

Asian Salad with Honey-sesame seed dressing

Main Course

• Vegetalbe Almond rice
    • Honey-butter julienned carrots with red and yellow peppers
    • Atlantic Scampi tails with tons of very garlicly butter for dipping
    • Deep-fried jumbo shrimp
    • Alaskan King Crab legs
    • Side of tender oven-baked scallops

Dessert

• Banana Mocha Torte

And a lovely blush champagne to wash it all down

Now after eating all that I just might die

• Outaservice
    Outaservice

I'D KIND OF LIKE SOME OF THOSE ASSEMBLY BURRITOS AND THAT NO NAME BRAND COLA.

HUMMMMM....!

Outaservice (Who's needs are simple.)

• Mulan
    Mulan

That sounds like a wonderful meal.

For me, anything with ice cream. Chocolate milk shakes..........Dreamery Cherry Chip Ba Da Bing.

I started Weight Watchers again last Monday.............I can eat ice cream if I want to, but am sure I couldn't control myself. Later, in a month or so, when I can stop at 3/4 of a cup. For now I am happy with my Orange yogurt...........tastes like a Creamsicle and is only 3 points.

• Holey_Cheeses*King_of_the juice.
    Holey_Cheeses*King_of_the juice.

'Fraid I couldn't help but ask for a double serving of pan seared oxheart and a sidedish of chicken liver and kidney of lamb pie. Oh, and a bit of blood sausage served on a bed of tripe to finish things off. Mmmmm, mmmmm, yummo.

cheeses with the cast iron stomach.

• nowisee
    nowisee

sushi with hot sake.

or else something italian - lasagne with a lot of cheese.

• Ravyn
    Ravyn

Hey Lady Lee!

we are going to have to go to Orlando and get tickets to an Emeril show taping the day he does seafood! YUM! anything seafood!

mmm icecream.......

I love Mexican too---but I mean like in Mexico City Mexican(or Vera Cruz-seafood again!) not Taco Bell.

Ravyn

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit