Have You Ever Experienced God?

by Blueblades 45 Replies latest jw friends

• be wise
    be wise

I've never experienced God or The Devil for that matter, nobody cares about me,

Guess that makes me a free spirit!

• StinkyPantz
    StinkyPantz

Azaria-

I appreciate your effort. But you've proven something to me: If "god" exists, he is not all powerful. Apparently he can't figure out a way to keep his creation happy, so that means there are certain things he can not do. If this is the case, he is not worthy of worship.

I’m sure that since time began people have contemplated what life would be like if there was no such thing as sin. Can you think of a way that this could work out?

Nope! But if I was all knowing and all powerful I could.

If it’s not sin you want to get rid of, but want all children be protected; I asked in another post, for how long would you provide protection (5 yrs, 12yrs, 18yrs) You said forever. Do you mean till they pass on in old age?

I never said that the world should not be rid of sin, that'd be great! Is not heaven rid of sin? If that's possible then why isn't Earth rid of sin also?

---------------

I understand you not writing me back. It's weird though, you've helped strengthen my atheism (does that make sense?).

• azaria
    azaria

Stinky Pantz:

I'm sorry, I think it's funny, your atheism is strengthened because of what I have said. I guess I should be mortified. I think I have answered your question or at least tried to, but you don't seem to be able to come up with a (hypothetical) solution. Is that because you can't find one? I did ask you a couple of times, so what would you do if you were God?

• StinkyPantz
    StinkyPantz

Azaria-

you don't seem to be able to come up with a (hypothetical) solution. Is that because you can't find one? I did ask you a couple of times, so what would you do if you were God?

I already told you that I, being a simple human, cannot think of a solution . "God" is supposed to be all perfect and all knowing, that's why he should be able to come up with one. Do you agree that "god" can do anything? If so, then he should be able to find an answer.

• azaria
    azaria

Hi Stinky Pantz:

Could you really be saying that you want a God to take care of all your needs, no pain and suffering; the choices would be made for us; to be totally spoon fed, just like the JW's org does, the former Soviet Union did? What I tried to say in my analogy is that the children left the home when they grew up (became adults) because they were able then to take care of themselves. He didn't kick them out. The town represented the world. The suburbs (as you stated) weren't there. I created this story, remember? I think God creates and Satan destroys. As for heaven not having sin, I think we get there after we are tested. Should everybody no matter what their heart is like, whatever they have done be able to enter heaven? Oh by the way in my last post, as you know I stated that I thought it was funny that because of me your atheism was strengthened. It was because my parents & my husband never listened to me and here a total stranger does!

I started another post. I really hope you read it. Take care, azaria

• StinkyPantz
    StinkyPantz

Yes, I want God to take care of my needs just like any good parent would. If my father saw me being abused, I am sure he'd stop it. But God honors the rapist's free will to hurt me? Not a caring father if you ask me.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit