Do You Think All These Organized Demonstrations Are Productive?

by minimus 22 Replies latest jw friends

• minimus
    minimus

From Washington State to New York City to Atlanta and California and so on, you see thousands of demonstrators trying to get rid of police, statues, monuments and anything they consider racially biased.

Do you think this type of activity and destruction is working well for the country and it’s law abiding citizens??

• FedUpJW
    FedUpJW

Organized demonstrations are fine. What we are witnessing though are mostly not by any definition protests or peaceful. They do nothing to make things better, and only serve to further divide this country. Of course that would appear to be the agenda behind the "protests". They are in reality nothing other than law-breaking riots, and should be dealt with as such.

• SadElder
    SadElder

I look back at the history of the USA. The Boston Tea Party was a protest, but was followed by the Battles of Lexington and Concord, the success of which depends on which side you're on. How about Rosa Parks and the bus boycott? It worked, but again the opinion depends on which side of the issue you're on. How about the Vietnam era protests? Remember the shootings at Kent Sate and the outrage that followed? The Stonewall riots? The US has had a torrid history of protests, marches and insurrection. Did it help or hurt? Again the opinions of success or failure are as varied as the Florida weather.

The demonstrations of today appear to me to be like excuses to cause trouble, but again that's my opinion. Some of these folks are genuinely disturbed over things like the killing of George Floyd, but others are sent in to stir up unrest. It seems foolish to me to tear down historical relics. For sure there are relics, monuments, statues, and so around the globe to fit every variety of hate and dislike. For certain things will be changed, but will it be for the better? A seer I'm not.

I'm reminded of a statement I've seen around for a while, "just because you are offended or irritated by something doesn't mean you're right."

• minimus
    minimus

Sad, great post

• minimus
    minimus

While these cities are being destroyed, mayors and governors are threatening the federal government if they try to stop the destruction especially by groups like BLM and their “associates”.

• RubaDub
    RubaDub

@SadElder ...

It is very sad how demonstrations have become, in some ways, mob riots. Destroying the historic monuments and statues certainly do not, IMO, provide any kind of a positive message to others.

I know a lot of this got fueled by the killing of Gerald Ford but people need to refocus their frustrations and anger.

• hoser
    hoser

Is looting stores and burning buildings productive?

• minimus
    minimus

Hoser some say very productive. So productive we want no help in stopping it.

• smiddy3
    smiddy3

I know a lot of this got fueled by the killing of Gerald Ford but people need to refocus their frustrations and anger.

RubaDub strikes again .

• matt
    matt

the george floyd (or was it gerald ford?) 'killing' was faked or staged specifically to unleash black lives matter, once again. why? to distract from the covid hoax, that hoax being designed to break down economies and demand obedience worldwide, paving the way for the implementation of global governance a/la agenda 21 and 2030.

incessant climate change propaganda was supplanted by incessant covid 19 propaganda, then joined by incessant blm propaganda, and everybody is in thrall to the 'ministry of truth', marching like zombies (with masks, of course) straight into the pen.

a short video to show what props up blm. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JSXVs3jusjM

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit