Amber Scorah on cults

by dozy 12 Replies latest jw experiences

• dozy
    dozy

Amber gives a superb talk here. I couldn't help but contrast her delivery - fluent , articulate , without any notes - not even a rostrum or podium to hide behind - with the numerous talks and items I heard when I was a JW.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e7wFPAQcqCw

I am reading her book " Leaving the Witness " just now - it is superb - I just can't put it down. Strongly recommended.

• iwantoutnow
    iwantoutnow

She is awesome!
    EVERYONE - READ HER BOOK!!!

Dozy - she owes it all to the Theocratic Ministry School ;)

• Diogenesister
    Diogenesister

Excellent talk, But Dozy she's - gasp - a woman!

• JW GoneBad
    JW GoneBad

Amber Scorah...she's articulate...she's an exJW...she's on our side...she's on a mission...she's going to be a-thorn-in-the-side to WT for a long time to come!

• Mickey mouse
    Mickey mouse

Thanks I'll check the video out. I really enjoyed her book too.

• gone for good
    gone for good

Many years ago I read an article in The Believer (an online magazine) about a JW girl who lost her religion as a missionary in China - does anyone know if that superb article was written by this young lady?

• smiddy3
    smiddy3

Yes it was Amber Scorah in the article of The believer,if you will do a Wikipedia search you will find heaps of info about her.

• JW GoneBad
    JW GoneBad

I would love to be able to put a dollar value on the amount of damage the Amber Scorah's...the Barbara Andersen's...the John Cedars' and countless others are inflicting on and adversely affecting WT's revenue intake. It has got to be in the millions of pesos ($$$). We already know that this growing anti JW movement has put a big dent in the baptismal rate...many Circuit Assemblies, for example, are having zero baptisms...I wonder how this translates into dollars. It's got to be huge...Yay!

• dozy
    dozy

Amber's interview with John Cedars here...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UhgulIPYbok&t=2343s

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat

I’ve just started reading this book. It seems to be very popular above and beyond ex JWs, a sort of breakthrough to outside culture.

In German there was a book a few years ago that broke outside of the JW/ex JW sphere called Goodbye Jehova!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit