Debating With Evolution Deniers is Just Like This

by cofty 218 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Viviane
    Viviane

Wait, did I just read that faux microbiologist vidquin claimed doctors are prescribing antibiotics for the flu?

• Landy
    Landy

I think it's widely accepted that in the past doctors have prescribed antibiotics unnecessarily.

They haven't prescribed for flu as such, but they've prescribed them on the basis that they'll 'do no harm' or to prevent a secondary infection.

They prescribe them a lot less these days.

• Vidqun
    Vidqun

There's a saying: Do not thrown your pearls before the swine. However, as a deluded, wannabee Microbiologist I have the need to be recognized. Also I am a glutton for punishment, so here goes:

Viv, think, read thread, think again (it will be a wonderful new experience for you). Yes, doctors are still prescribing antibiotics for flu. They have been doing it 25 years ago, and they are still doing it. Yes, I know, they are wrong, but they are doing it. Google it and look up the following article:

http://www.medicaldaily.com/prescribing-antibiotics-flu-virus-useless-and-harmful-doctors-keep-doing-it-293564

By the way, what does "faux" mean? Sounds French, falcon perhaps? Don't worry, I've got it. It probably comes from "faux pas" as a social blunder, i.e., blundering Microbiologist.

Don't worry, Cofty and his fellow muckrakers have established, with the help of evolutionary science, that I am no Microbiologist. So that solves that problem. But I have to point out, no matter how much muck you rake or stir, life will not originate from it even if it contains all the ingredients. Life comes from existing life. That fact has been proved by science.

Life spontaneously generates from non-living compounds, organic or inorganic. That fact has not been proved by science. It's an unproven theory. Although a gram stain of faeces is a zoo of bacteria and yeasts, these did not spontaneously generate. They were there in your gut and in the gut of animals to start off with. It is passed on to you by your mother.

Caedes, what's that question again? Please repeat.

• 2+2=5
    2+2=5

Life comes from existing life. That fact has been proved by science.

Life spontaneously generates from non-living compounds, organic or inorganic. That fact has not been proved by science. It's an unproven theory. Although a gram stain of faeces is a zoo of bacteria and yeasts, these did not spontaneously generate. They were there in your gut and in the gut of animals to start off with. It is passed on to you by your mother.

I understand now. I'm finally getting it!

Science can't explain how life started, therefore........

Jesus is REAL!!!

• Caedes
    Caedes

Come on Vidqun you can do it, have a go at actually answering a question!

why should anyone believe what you have to say about micro-biology?

• cofty
    cofty
    Life comes from existing life. That fact has been proved by science. - Vidqun

Yes life does comes from existing life but there was a time that earth contained no life.

Originally life emerged from non-living prebiotic conditions. Exactly how that happened is still an unproven hypothesis. It will be solved.

Here are the requirements for the origin of life...

1 - A continuous supply of reactive carbon for synthesising new organics.

2 - A constant flux of free energy to drive metabolic biochemistry - the formation of new DNA, amino acids & proteins.

3 - Inorganic catalysts

4 - Removal of the waste product of chemical reactions

5 - Compartmentalisation - a cell-like structure to allow the accumulation of products and separate them from the outside environment

6 - Hereditary material - RNA, DNA or equivalent

All of these conditions were found in Alkaline hydrothermal vents under the Hadean oceans 4 billion years ago. The details are being investigated by microbiologists and geochemists. It will be solved. Where will god hide then? Cosmology?

Edited to add - Of course DNA was not "found" in hydrothermal vents 4 billion years ago. Explaining how RNA formed in that environment is one of the challenges.

• cofty
    cofty

Vidqun - Just for the record I think you had a really interesting job. But I also think you were wrong to try to use your scientific qualifications to lend authority to your religious opinions.

• Vidqun
    Vidqun

Cofty, I wager a tenner (10 British Pounds) that they will not be able to work it out that way. My prerequisite, they must be able to replicate the process in a lab. Only then will I become a believer.

• cofty
    cofty
    Only then will I become a believer

We both know that won't happen.

• Landy
    Landy

Yes, doctors are still prescribing antibiotics for flu. They have been doing it 25 years ago, and they are still doing it. Yes, I know, they are wrong, but they are doing it. Google it and look up the following article:

http://www.medicaldaily.com/prescribing-antibiotics-flu-virus-useless-and-harmful-doctors-keep-doing-it-293564

But that's not what the article says is it?

Yes, antibiotics are being overprescribed, but the doctors know that they won't help with the flu. They're prescribing them for possible secondary infections or as a placebo.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit