Debating With Evolution Deniers is Just Like This

by cofty 218 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• cofty
    cofty
    I also find it hard to connect the dots from sea creature to land creature back to sea creature

An excellent sequence of fossils illustrates the evolutionary journey of whales from land to sea...

• Vidqun
    Vidqun

Cofty, you're welcome.

Yes you're right, we live on different planets. You live on a planet, a fantasy land, where everything just happen. Out of basic elements life "came to be." Here life not only appeared out of the blue, it became more complicated as time went on.

I live on a planet where everything was made. Things were placed there for a purpose. Two different planets altogether.

• Caedes
    Caedes

I missed most of this thread, can I just confirm Vidqun claims to be a professional microbiologist?

• redpilltwice
    redpilltwice

how the hell do you turn a jellyfish into a fish with a skull, brains, eyes, backbone, gills etc.

You don't. Neither do you turn an octopus into a rabbit or a Kangaroo into a polar bear.

Cofty, I understand your point but the animals you mentioned are in a completely different place in the tree of life and in order to understand universal common descent we must look at what happened during those early stages of evolution with less phyla. You know, from multicellular to sponges to jellyfish to early fish.

Are there intermediates between jellyfish and jawless fish?

If you are really interested in the evolution of tetrapods from fish read this...

I am, and I've read them, and I see some problems with tiktaalik and whale evolution too, but that's for later. These earlier (less complex) stages should be easier to explain, but I can't find any information about the transition from jellyfish to fish. Am I missing some intermediates here?

• cofty
    cofty

Redpill the easiest source for information on phylogeny is probably Dawkins' "The Ancestors Tale".

Phylogenetic evidence can be found with a Google search and fossil evidence in Prothero's book.

• cofty
    cofty

Caedes yes Vidqun claims to be a professional microbiologist!

• The Rebel
    The Rebel

Debating with anybody will end like this, we say and listen to their final words, and then our refrigerated bodies are taken out, we are no longer alive, and our words can no longer be heard nor listened to, and we no longer have anything to say or hear anymore....which is why I love London. In London I can visit art galleries see the painting of Ophelia, and understand it's the flowers, the sun and life with my wife and son itself which are ART....if that makes sence ? Anyway with such an appreciation of life I am happy to die and to float away for ever...having died loving and loved by my son and wife .with these memories, not of religion nor evolution but love...I will happily float away to nowhere. That's my goal.

p.s I am in good health.
  • Caedes
    Caedes
    yes Vidqun claims to be a professional microbiologist!

Wow, It doesn't show!

• Vidqun
    Vidqun

A friendly reminder of what a microbiologist is: A microbiologist (from Greek μῑκρος) is a scientist who studies microscopic life forms and processes or works in the field of microbiology. Microbiologists investigate the growth and characteristics of microscopic organisms such as bacteria, algae, fungi, or some types of parasites (Wiki).

Caedes, what did you think a microbiologist is? Let me tell you about the field. The curriculum starts with Antonie van Leeuwenhoek and the invention of the microscope. He is viewed as the "father of Microbiology." From there you learn about Louis Pasteur and his experiments. Let me tell you about them. He is renowned for his discoveries of the principles of vaccination, microbial fermentation and pasteurization. In his day, the theory of "spontaneous generation" was in vogue. Def. "(Biology) a theory, widely held in the 19th century, but now discredited, stating that living organisms could arise directly and rapidly from nonliving material. Also called Abiogenesis" - The Free Dictionary.

Pasteur effectively demolished this theory with his sealed and open glass jar experiments. I am sure you are familiar with these. From there you learn of the great lights of Microbiology, such as Ferdinand Cohn and Robert Koch, and about the major breakthroughs in Microbiology, such as Alexander Fleming and his discovery of penicillin. As mentioned, then you study the different bacteria, fungi, and viruses. You also do extensive courses in staining, microscopy, and electron microscopy.

Interestingly, you touch on the theory of evolution in your studies. Lo and behold! Here the ugly head of "spontaneous generation" pops up with its new name Abiogenesis, a theory that had been efficiently debunked by microbiologists. The only difference between the biologists' theories of evolution and abiogenesis: This does not happen "directly and rapidly," as in "spontaneous generation." This happens over millions of years. However, it is impossible for life of any form to spontaneous generate from non-living matter, we've established that, haven't we?

Perhaps now you can understand my problem with evolution. If you don't, don't worry about it.

• EdenOne
    EdenOne

The most current hypothesis states that life may have developed around underwater volcanic hydrothermal vents. My question is: Since those hydrothermal vents continue to work, one should expect that life would continue to be formed there on a permanent basis. Has this been observed yet?

Eden

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit