What does it feel like?

by ozziepost 26 Replies latest jw experiences

• Mulan
    Mulan

(((((((((((Ozzie and Mrs. O)))))))))))))

I think Joy and Steve's experience is a good one to think about. Time heals many things. The girls have a lifetime of memories to think about, and they still love you.

• Ghost of Esmeralda
    Ghost of Esmeralda

(((((((((((((((Ozzie, Mrs.Ozzie))))))))))))))))

Old friend, I am so sorry for your pain. It's not right, it's not fair, and you so do not deserve this.

This has been a horrible weekend for me as well, being the only member of my family excluded from a favorite relatives wedding (and believe me, the never baptized-but-totally-wild- members of the family were all there, just cause they didn't get dunked as a kid I guess it makes their behaviour okay...) My heart goes out to you both.

I cannot even fathom the pain you are going through. As a parent, my fear now is that somehow the Borg will get to my young daughter, that someday the day will come when she decides I am no longer fit company, but all I can do is love her, love her, and love her some more to hope that it won't happen. She's little, I hope I have a chance with her. She sees every day the pain that shunning causes me, and already said that she could never, ever do that to me.

I have, myself, gone through periods where I didn't see my parents, once for almost two years. It had nothing to do with being or not being a JW, but was related to the fact I was finally trying to work through events in my childhood (for which they were responsible)...but the point is, eventually I came to my senses and came back to them. I never imagined I would, but when I became a parent myself I suddenly realized that they were human, and they did the best they could.

Your kids have so much more to go on than that. They have years and years of love and attention from you and their mother to draw on. Those memories will be with them every day, every time they start to reach for the phone to call you but the Borg gets in the way, it will eat at them more and more. They will realize eventually that what they're doing isn't right, and find their way back to you.

I hope with all my heart that they do. This division of families...it's the biggest mistake the Borg could make. If my family hadn't shunned me, I probably wouldn't have stayed out long enough to really question what I'd been fed all my life. But since they persist in this horrible, unloving behaviour, I have a daily reminder of why I don't ever want to be a JW again. I could never sit in judgement of my fellow man the way that they do.

I love my family to pieces. My door is always open to them, they know that. I'm sad, but I'm not bitter and every time I have happened to meet up with them (at hospitals, etc when my father was ill) I am always happy to see them. Even when they turn and walk away from me, the last thing they have seen was the genuine smile on my face and love in my eyes at seeing them. That must make them think...Sometimes they have even seen my arms extended, ready to embrace them, and turned silently away from that as well.

Keep your heart, and your door open to them, and hopefully they will find their way back.

big hugs and lots of love to you both,

essie

• blondie
    blondie

Ozziepost and Mrs. Ozziepost,

All their memories of you will be ones of your showing them love. That love can bring them back.

Blondie

• obiwan
    obiwan

What does it feel like? It fells like hell, that's how, after so many years of forming relationships and having them yanked away.....the society doesn't break up famalies bah.

(((((OZZIES)))))

• ozziepost
    ozziepost

G'day all and especially to:

Manon, StinkyPantz, Prisca, Jesika, Simon and Angharad, Eman, Bliss, Little Toe, Dansk, Latte, Rayzorblade, Undecided, expatbrit, outnfree, j2bf, Jst2laws, DanThe Man, Sadie5, Mulan, Essie, Blondie, Obiwan.

Thank you so much for taking the time and trouble to give words of encouragement. It really is most welcome. Yesterday we had your messages to bolster us up. We also had a call from Prisca which was great. We also went to the "big smoke" and spoke with Zaqen which is always strengthening since he's been through it too.

Anyway, that was yesterday. Today? Well, we're 'back in the saddle' and ready for action!

So, thanks again. Now let's continue to help others see the truth about "the Troof"!

Cheers, Ozzie (of the deeply appreciative class)

• Sentinel
    Sentinel

((((((((Oh Ozzie and Mrs. Ozzie))))))))) Here is an original poem I just wrote for you:

The WTS claims not to believe in hell; instead they create their own so well.

They pit family against family; it becomes apparent; They have no regret, not even child with parent.

What can we do, when faced with so much pain? Through our tears of grief, they show only disdain.

We must rise above our loss and sadness; learn how to live each new day in good and gladness.

We cannot change what they've become, this seed of ours, like a strange, robotic drone.

But change ourselves we can, and make sure they see; that we can show love and be happy and free.

They are trapped in a fantasy, with rules made up by man; we know the reality, and do what we can.

They love us, but they cannot cross the chasm; the wrongness of it all, they cannot fathom.

We can hope they will somehow know; without love and compassion, truth cannot grow.

My heart goes out to you. This too, shall pass.

• bebu
    bebu

(((((Ozzies)))))

Some days are so difficult we have to walk each moment not with greatest faith, but faintest hope.

Thanks for sharing your times of pain. We all feel so privileged to bear them with you. I will be praying for your family especially this week.

"Cheers!"

bebu

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit