After Being Out for 17 Years He is Back In again!!!

by new boy 35 Replies latest jw friends

• Billy the Ex-Bethelite
    Billy the Ex-Bethelite

I asked him why. He said "world conditions."

ToMo3: World conditions are terrible because men are walking around in tight pants and women are wearing yoga pants in public!

Losch: "Higher education" and American football are evidence that world conditions are miserable!

Herd: The lack of minority leadership with expensive jewelry and the influence of small-brained women are both evidence of terrible world conditions!

GeeJack: Anointed leaders of the true religion getting called to account by worldly authorities for protecting pedophiles is proof that world conditions are getting worse!

Lett: Listening to and looking at crazy world leaders is all it takes to prove that world conditions are terrible and the only place for solutions is the Watchtower Corporation and the GB leadership!

• DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

They return for the social support system not because it's true. Let's face it you have a whole social structure handed to you in the org. That's the good part.

We have seriously talked about whether it would be worth it (putting up with the JW crappola you have to hear) to "go back" to the meetings for the social network. Most of the JWs we know and with whom we associated are good, sincere people. (Some are worthless POS.) They were good friends, and still would be good friends if they were not in a cult that tells them NOT to have friends with anyone who leaves the Borg. But frankly, we don't miss the fuss of going to (boring, worthless) meetings and the waste of time going in FS.

However, it is definitely a good trade off for some people, especially I think for older ones who have their entire life in the JW network. How would they start over now?

Doc

• berrygerry
    berrygerry

I asked him why. He said "world conditions." I said "Dave we were never supposed to have got out of High school over 50 years ago. Armageddon was coming back then!"

He said "I know.

June 2016 WT, page 21:

Or the love of the world might involve
    efforts to attain “great things,” such as
    through the pursuit of higher education.
    (Jer. 45:4, 5) We stand at the threshold
    of the promised new world.

What I posted on another forum:

Nice to see the threshold back.

The largest threshold in the world - should be in the Guiness Book.

2015 God’s servants are on the threshold of a righteous new world

2014 Standing as we are on the threshold of the new world

2013 God’s servants today are on the threshold of a righteous new world.

And then, a big gap for 7 years.

2006 We are now on the threshold of a new world promised by Jehovah God.

2004 As we stand at the threshold of the promised new world

2004 In our case, we are on the threshold of the promised earthly Paradise.

2003 We are on the threshold of that new world.

2001 However, Christians today stand at the threshold of a wonderful Promised Land—God’s righteous new world.

2001 Today, we stand on the threshold of a vastly superior Promised Land—a paradise earth

2000 We know that we are on the threshold of the best of times because we are very deep into “the time of the end”!

2000 Yes, we stand at the very threshold of the fulfillment of Jehovah’s decree against Satan and his entire wicked system.

For the sake of brevity, let's skip a few decades.

1959 That is why we are on the threshold of a new world

1958 We are on the very threshold of his righteous new world

1958 His signs and wonders, understood, portend that we are standing at the threshold of a peaceable, happy and life-giving new world.

1956 that we are at the verge of the battle of Armageddon which will destroy Satan’s world organization, and that we are at the threshold of God’s new world.

1954 Jehovah’s servants, more than any others in the earth today, have much to look forward to, being right on the threshold of the new world.

1954 We are at the threshold of this peaceful millennium.

1953 We are now on the threshold of a new world that will never perish or grow old

1953 FULFILLMENT of Bible prophecy indicates that we are living at the threshold of God’s new world.

1951 Bible prophecy shows that we are standing at the very threshold of that new world

1951 We are now at the threshold of the righteous new world.

1950 And now in this “time of the end”, when we are at the threshold of the new world,

And that's as far back as my dear old WT Library goes.

• jaydee
    jaydee
    Image result for dog vomit emojiProverbs 26:11.....springs to mind....
  • SafeAtHome
    SafeAtHome
    If he's been out 20 years he has a lot of unlearning and relearning to do. Also, a question: I didn't know Bethelites could have other full time employment. Don't they take a vow of poverty or something? What would they do with that money?
  • Skedaddle
    Skedaddle
    @Berrygerry - insert the word ''order'' and everything starts making sense about the org. New world order!
  • new boy
    new boy

I loved Simon's comment.

It truly is a social network. That's why my mother join back in the early 1950's. She was a spiritual orphan, with no friends or family (at least ones she like). She went to the KH and was loved bombed and was called "Sister Norma." Plus the good news, her and her new friends would soon be on a paradise Earth, after god would kill off millions of bad people.

Yes, welcome to the "great/in crowd".

Yes, Simon is right the witnesses are not going away anytime soon.

There always be will plenty of social misfits, spiritual orphans and structure junkies to fill their ranks and files. I do believe they are losing their children trying to sell this program to them. Kids are so much smarter today then my generation..... thank god both my kids are out.

As to "saveathome's" question

In the 1970's Bethelites could have out side jobs. It was frown upon but legal. They only paid us $22 a month in 1974 and $14 of that went for subway tokens. If your folks weren't sending money that $8 didn't go far. So guys went out and worked 5 to 10 hours a week most of them at the minimum wage of $1.45 an hour. They made more in one night then they made at Bethel working there for a whole month.

Because of people like my friend Dave abusing the G jobbing thing sometime in the 1980's or 1990's they made it illegal to do outside work. Instead they bumped up their wage to $100 a month, or about $.50 an hour.

• rebel8
    rebel8

It takes more than courage and disgust to leave a cult fully and permanently.

It takes work.

You have to face your issues.

If you don't, you're at risk for going back and/or never being a healthy person again.

Grief and Relapse Prevention for Ex-Cultists By Beth Shan

eBook (PDF): $0.00
    A brief overview of the grief and relapse processes experienced by exiting and ex-cultists, and tips for managing them.
  • sparky1
    sparky1

I asked him why. He said: "World conditions."

"World conditions? Yeah, right. My 'world conditions' are better than ever! - A.M III

• Calebs Airplane
    Calebs Airplane
    That guy with the plaid shirt better not get up until Tony The Turd leaves... His pants are way too tight.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit