How Many Here Remember Hearing Details from the Platform on Why a Person was Reproved or DF'd ???

by RubaDub 38 Replies latest jw experiences

• ToesUp
    ToesUp

I have heard so and so has been DF'd, reproved, privately reproved for such and such.

What I have NEVER heard from the platform....so and so is a pedophile and is attending our kingdom Hall.

A true case of gulping down the camel and straining out the knat.

• minimus
    minimus

Rub, I remember your perfect description.

• Pete Zahut
    Pete Zahut

I remember as a kid they used to say what the offense was then later they started saying that "so and so" was df'd for acts unbecoming of a Christian and is no longer considered a good associate.

Everyone in the congregation eventually found out what the details were because let's face it....the power of the Holy Spirit is limited to how scrupulous the Elders on the Committee (and their Wives) are, and whether their giant book bags have locks on them.

• RubaDub
    RubaDub

Everyone in the congregation eventually found out what the details were ...

Pete ...

Most people already knew before the official letters were read what was going to happen. Elders wives or more often, family members of the people involved simply talked about it.

Regarding the "giant book bags have locks on them," I guess I was a bad teenager. I knew where my father kept the "good" stuff in his book bag and generally knew more about what was going on than most others in the congregation.

Rub a Dub

• stillMS
    stillMS

In early 2000's the presiding overseer in my congo used to announce the 'XYZ is disfellowshipped.' and then proceed to read a scripture about the sin committed or about the need to shun the sinners.

• Incognito
    Incognito

The specific reason for each Df'ing had been announced in the '60s, and then the reason was changed to only 'Conduct Unbecoming a Christian'. When that change happened, resulted in much speculation in the remaining congregation that the change was necessary because of law suits.

I recall when the announcement was again changed to 'first name, last name is no longer a Jehovah's Witness' that was again met with speculation with regard to the reason why the change was necessary.

As the Public Talk and WT study was considered a public meeting, Df'ing and other private congregation announcements were normally reserved for the weeknight Service Meeting, but I can recall one occasion where a Df'ing was announced on a Sunday, which the congregation found more shocking than the Df'ing itself.

• polish clarinet
    polish clarinet

"We are sorry to announce that Brother Weirdigan is no longer one of Jehovahs Witnesses. Now, a local-needs talk about the sin of sheep-shagging ..."

exactly what I lived several years ago. "Brother Polish Clarinet is no longer a ministerial servant". And now, brother Asshole will warn the assembly about the dangers of dating a non witness person" I hope nobody understood what my "sin" was...

• RubaDub
    RubaDub

As the Public Talk and WT study was considered a public meeting, Df'ing and other private congregation announcements were normally reserved for the weeknight Service Meeting

Incognito ...

Yes, I never recall a DF or Probation/Reproof announcement on a Sunday, only the mid-week (Thursday night meeting). Mentioning that someone was doing, as Simon said, "sheep-shagging", at the Sunday public meeting would have brought reproach on the organization.

Rub a Dub

• Biahi
    Biahi

Funny about the “sheep-shagging”, I read a funny comment on reddit about this. First, a local needs talk about bestiality. Then someone commented, “Anyone abusing a farm animal will be remooved form the congregation.” Lol

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit