DISFELLOWSHIPPING, How bad is it really?

by pistolpete 36 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• LongHairGal
    LongHairGal

PISTOLPETE:

You are being sarcastic and pulling my leg, right?

I read this article and it’s about a poor congregation sending this ‘extra’ money to the headquarters of the religion..instead of distributing it to the needy among them.

The point I was making in my previous post is that there is zero, nada, zilch material assistance (unlike the help churches in Christendom offer). Sad to say, any help any JW would get would be from begging from other fellow members in the congregation!

• pistolpete
    pistolpete

LongHairGal You are being sarcastic, right?

🤣
  • Overrated
    Overrated

I welcomed the ideal of it. If my family wants to follow stupid rules of a cult, the cult can take care of them when they are older.

• LongHairGal
    LongHairGal

OVERRATED:

That’s just the point. The religion isn’t going to take care of anybody (whether somebody’s elderly parents or people who never wanted to work). This is one of the Fallacies that went around when I was in and apparently still so today..(Of course, I’m not saying you have to do it because I don’t know how your parents treated you.)

The fact of the matter is: any so-called ‘help’ comes from the ‘friends’ cornered to give money. (This isn’t like the churches of Christendom with soup kitchens.)..Any gullible JWs still sitting there and believing in the fallacy they are ‘going to be taken care of’ are in for a rude awakening.. In all probability, nervy people will be looking to THEM for help.

Anybody who wants to stay there, good luck. That’s their business. But, just be mindful of the way things really are. I once had a friend who said “Blessed is he who expects nothing for he will not be disappointed”.

Look out for and provide for yourself!

• Overrated
    Overrated

Longhairgal- very true. It is every man or woman for him or herself. The Org cares nothing for anyone but it's self, no one, I hope my parents wake up. I hope more wake up.

• Vidiot
    Vidiot
    Fadeaway - "My nephew was disfellowshiped more than 10 years ago for something he never did , the police looked into the allegation against him , their was no case against him (only found this out a few months ago)..."

SO, he was DFed for a sin that also happened to (presumably) be a crime, the matter was actually investigated by secular authorities but found untenable, yet his DFing was never reversed?

Weird.

• hoser
    hoser

But I know a brother that did jail time for fraud that never got disfellowshipped. I think it’s who you know.

• Fadeaway1962
    Fadeaway1962

Vidiot

A acquisition was made against him by a under age girl who's grandfather was the po and included himself on the judicial committee and the decision was already made before he attended the meeting and they were unwilling to listen to him and any evidence he was 40 miles away at the time the incident, he was fed up with it all and just walked out , so they disfellowshiped him and his controlling ex bethel boy father did nothing to help his son because it's from Jehovah.

The police report was after the JC and there was a concern regarding the girl not my nephew , only become aware of this recently, I've contacted my nephew and apologize to him for not being there for him , but he has decided that we are no longer his family .

My brother who is a elder also was made aware of this recently and just said mistakes are made .

So because of my going along with the disfellowshiping arrangement I have lost a nephew .

• Phizzy
    Phizzy

Disfellowshipping is an Evil and Unscriptural device used by a High Control, Mind Control Cult, to keep people trapped within, and continuing to donate.

I cannot stress enough, because of the deaths , heartache, pain and life changing effects it has had, that Disfellowshipping is nothing less than PURE EVIL !!

• jhine
    jhine

LHG , you have mentioned a couple of times the help that churchianity gives to people in need and how some JWs end up needing that help .

In my town. not far from me , is a place set up by the working together of a Christian charity and the local church to help young homeless people ( 16 - 25 ) . They provide accommodation and life lessons , like money management , as well as helping find work and permanent homes.

I know for a fact that at least one young man from a JW family has needed their help . I didn't find this out from TCHA but from his own grandmother, a local JW . She really didn't see the irony of this .

Jan

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit