Was Sin Inevitable?

by Parker 64 Replies latest watchtower bible

• Carmichael
    Carmichael

Parker,

Your video is weird. And funny.

The Jews didn't believe Jesus was the Messiah is because the historical Jesus of Nazareth was nothing like the Gospel Jesus and unlike the Jewish prophets and Moses.

According to the Gospel accounts, most of what Jesus does is in secret, such as his healings and when he raises the dead. He impresses heavily upon others not to tell the public that they know he is the Messiah. And when he is glorified in the Transfiguration he forbids the apostles to tell anyone of the event until he is dead.

According to the Gospel and the Book of Acts, when Jesus is resurrected he does not appear to everyone and anyone to prove he has risen. He appears only to select people, "by the witnesses God has chosen beforehand" claims Acts 10:41.

This Messiah sounds less like the God of the Jews who appeared on Mount Sinai before a nation or who worked wonders by the hands of prophets before believers and unbelievers, Jews and Gentiles, even enemy nations and armies--

--No, Jesus sounds more like Joseph Smith who secretly received golden plates with the Book of Mormon and visions of angels, things no one else ever saw. People had to take what Smith said he had in his possession and what he claimed to have heard from heaven on faith.

This is what Jesus of Nazareth was like. Jesus was all secret. Nobody saw anything. Nobody heard anything. Nobody could say anything. And after he rose, only select people, supposedly chosen by God saw him.

That sounds like the story of the golden plates of the Book of Mormon and the supposed select witnesses, chosen beforehand by God who claim to have seen them before the Angel Moroni supposed took them back from Smith after he finished translating them into English. Do you believe that story too?

The prophets of Israel and especially Moses are said to have performed signs before the nation as a whole. They did not do things in secret. Jesus did his things in secret. How could the Jews have "missed" Jesus as the Messiah? Easy. Jesus kept it a secret like Joseph Smith hid his secrets and then the Mormons started preaching that people had to believe Smith's revelations on faith like Jesus' story.

Jews can't miss a messiah that stayed hidden.

• Parker
    Parker

quote by Carmichael

Parker,

I'm glad you liked it, Carmichael.

• Parker
    Parker

Also, I'm glad that you decided to stick around.

• Parker
    Parker

Plus, Carmichael, it would have been nice if you had a rebuttal to my video.

• Carmichael
    Carmichael

Parker,

I actually wrote the very same thing, the first point of the video in my post that is right above the video:

The first text to mention the Messiah as a person is post-Biblical, namely the Targums (where the phrase malka meshiḥa is first applied) and later elaborated in the Midrash. Take your time to do it, but you will never find any Hebrew text that prophesies about "the Messiah shall do" such and such. It just doesn't occur in the Hebrew Scriptures.

You obvious didn't read anything I wrote.

That's why your video is funny and silly.

There's your rebuttal. You didn't give me the benefit of reading my own words.

• Carmichael
    Carmichael

I had posted all the material the video speaks about and had already given a rebuttal to it before you posted the video.

You read nothing I wrote--NOTHING!

And now I added more, and I bet you read none of that too.

What do you have to say about yourself and your video and your points of view and beliefs now?

• Parker
    Parker

quote by Carmichael

"Parker,

Your video is weird. And funny.

The Jews didn't believe Jesus was the Messiah is because the historical Jesus of Nazareth was nothing like the Gospel Jesus and unlike the Jewish prophets and Moses.

According to the Gospel accounts, most of what Jesus does is in secret, such as his healings and when he raises the dead. He impresses heavily upon others not to tell the public that they know he is the Messiah. And when he is glorified in the Transfiguration he forbids the apostles to tell anyone of the event until he is dead.

According to the Gospel and the Book of Acts, when Jesus is resurrected he does not appear to everyone and anyone to prove he has risen. He appears only to select people, "by the witnesses God has chosen beforehand" claims Acts 10:41.

This Messiah sounds less like the God of the Jews who appeared on Mount Sinai before a nation or who worked wonders by the hands of prophets before believers and unbelievers, Jews and Gentiles, even enemy nations and armies--

--No, Jesus sounds more like Joseph Smith who secretly received golden plates with the Book of Mormon and visions of angels, things no one else ever saw. People had to take what Smith said he had in his possession and what he claimed to have heard from heaven on faith.

This is what Jesus of Nazareth was like. Jesus was all secret. Nobody saw anything. Nobody heard anything. Nobody could say anything. And after he rose, only select people, supposedly chosen by God saw him.

That sounds like the story of the golden plates of the Book of Mormon and the supposed select witnesses, chosen beforehand by God who claim to have seen them before the Angel Moroni supposed took them back from Smith after he finished translating them into English. Do you believe that story too?

The prophets of Israel and especially Moses are said to have performed signs before the nation as a whole. They did not do things in secret. Jesus did his things in secret. How could the Jews have "missed" Jesus as the Messiah? Easy. Jesus kept it a secret like Joseph Smith hid his secrets and then the Mormons started preaching that people had to believe Smith's revelations on faith like Jesus' story.

Jews can't miss a messiah that stayed hidden."

If you keep changing your post like that, Carmichael, you're going to give me whiplash.

But I guess my only reply is: Are those some sort of talking points for Reconstructionists Jews?

• Parker
    Parker

quote by Carmichael

"You obvious didn't read anything I wrote.

That's why your video is funny and silly.

There's your rebuttal. You didn't give me the benefit of reading my own words."

So is that why I quoted you and then responded to you on page 4? ....You are a silly boy, Carmichael.

• Carmichael
    Carmichael

Parker,

No, those points are very general, shared among most Jews, not just Reconstructionists.

Also, why did you not read my post before the one where you posted the video?

If you wanted a rebuttal to your video, why didn't you just read what I had posted before? I touched on the same points, even said the same things:

Take your time to do it, but you will never find any Hebrew text that prophesies about "the Messiah shall do" such and such. It just doesn't occur in the Hebrew Scriptures.
  • Parker
    Parker

You are a silly boy, Carmichael.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit