Since leaving the JW Organization, who is believing?

by Issa 66 Replies latest jw friends

• James Mixon
    James Mixon

Coming out of the closet will have an additional meaning to my family, I'am an agnostic..They(non-JW's) suspect that I have doubts and they blame the WT....

• faithnomore
    faithnomore

I guess you'd say I'm agnostic with atheist leanings:). Once I left JW I lost all faith in the bible and religion thus my user name.

• JaniceA
    JaniceA

Believers often are eviscerated on this forum. There is not really a place for them here if they express any belief in God. I would leave personal belief out and stick to facts, history, science and evidence-based discussions. Faith is not readily 'tolerated' here.

We have one religion to critique here. Really, that's quite enough to me!

• Old Navy
    Old Navy

The extent of my "indoctrination" was very, very brief compared to the vast majority here. Approximately three years, with many interruptions by opposing family, from the age of 16 to 18. Then following my retirement from the Navy I associated with a local congregation for several intermittent periods as an "interested person" (never letting anyone know that I had been baptized years before) over a period of approximately 6 years. I did notice an enormous change in the way things were done following my departure from The Cult and 22 year hiatus but I, thankfully, never experienced any of the heartbreaking problems that so many here have.

Consequently I never lost faith in Our Creator. Just came to realize beyond any doubt that the WTBorg Cult Inc. was not The Truth at all. The god of the witnesses is not a nice person. The fear level within the congregation was almost palpable.

• Bungi Bill
    Bungi Bill

The term "Religioned Out" best describes my current situation.

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

Been out the JWS cult for over 30 years , I'm a believer in reality now which means I guess I'm an atheist.

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother

Slimboyfat nailed it when he suggested that believers in God, Jesus and The Bible tend to keep it to thenselves on here. I don't want to be always shouted down.

My rejection of the WTS does not mean a rejection of a God or higher power . I still have a belief in the book ... although not practising any faith.

• smiddy3
    smiddy3

I am another one who took some time before I went from a true believer to an agnostic and now an atheist .

And it has been sites like this one that pointed me in the direction to research other material for and against the inspiration of the Bible from an Almighty God.

Over a number of years.

I weighed it all in the balance and found the Bible wanting

.I have now been out 25 years.

God and the Bible ? No way

Some higher intelligence that planted the seeds of life on this planet ? and left it to its own without interference ?who knows .

the jury is still out on that one.

One fact that I have learned is that every living thing on this planet whether it is under the sea on the land or in the air ,it only survives by devouring another living thing .And it has always done so.

Does that sound like a loving caring Creator to you ?

• John Free
    John Free

I guess losing my belief in the bible came hand in hand with leaving the jw org. I began to question it as well as the cult. For one thing it seemed nonsensical that the highest mind needed the human sacrifice of his son to be able to forgive other humans. That makes him a heavenly Manasseh.

• days of future passed
    days of future passed

At present, I believe there was a creator/s. But I don't hold to the belief that it was out of love things were created. I don't think it/them were perfect. I think of it more as a scientist/s tinkering with life.

Evolution - is it natural here or it is a planned evolution? Was there a "first" different kind of evolution we know nothing about in other parts of the universe? Who knows, I don't. But all we have at present, is what we experience in this part of space.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit