Do you celebrate Christmas?

by LovingLifeNow 36 Replies latest jw friends

• Freetoexplore
    Freetoexplore

Yup! Been out for 10 years and have been putting up a tree and lights for the last 5 years. It still isn't as exciting and joyful as if we had memories or traditions to follow but I'm hoping that will change as my young adult children marry and have children.

• Freetoexplore
  • Vanderhoven7
    Vanderhoven7

Great time to worship the Saviour with family. We get together every year and exchange gifts under a 9 foot Christmas tree and enjoy great meals together.

• Phizzy
    Phizzy

Not the birth of Jesus or anything, but huge Christmas Dinner, Lights and baubels etc, presents, and BOOZE !!! The whole (non JW) family round, Grandkids the lot.

I treat myself, and anyone who wishes to join me, to a HUGE special Cuban Cigar or three, along with a good Cognac I get a real sense of happiness and well-being.

I love OUR Christmas !

• ThinkerBelle
    ThinkerBelle

Yes, we do secularly for the fun and being with family. We keep gift giving to a reasonable amount. I love Christmas songs; they've been on my radio for 3 weeks now! This will be our 3rd time celebrating (actually, my 4th if you add in that one time I did when away from home) and technically, I'm still "in", but with family that aren't.

• blondie
    blondie

We just finished with the tree; looks great. As I said before, just snowflakes and snowmen. The neighbors like our yard; still just snowmen and snowflakes that stay up until March 1; thus a winter decoration. We have a traditional Bavarian dinner.

https://germanfoods.org/german-food-facts/german-christmas-traditions/

• moley
    moley

18 years out and love Christmas

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit