Do you celebrate Christmas?

by LovingLifeNow 36 Replies latest jw friends

• LovingLifeNow
    LovingLifeNow

Do you celebrate and how long have you been out?

3 years for me and yes I do.

• Amelia Ashton
    Amelia Ashton

We don't celebrate the birth of Christ or anything religious but we do have decorations, lights and a tree, exchange presents and eat a turkey roast with all rhe trimmings on the 25th.

This will be our 9th Xmas.

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

Little, a lot of people now days play it down, maybe because a lot people simply aren't religious but they do have children so they participate for them mostly.

• Still Totally ADD
    Still Totally ADD

Like Amelia we celebrate Xmas. This will be our 10th one. This year is real special. We will be having our youngest son, wife and 3 grand kids here for Xmas. It's going to be a first for all of us. We are working hard to make it a great first Xmas for the grand kids. We are hoping for a white Xmas. Can't wait. Still Totally ADD

• NewYork44M
    NewYork44M

We have a tree and engage in the normal festivities. Our Christmas celebration is void of any religious overtones.

However, I everyone from now until about January 10 with a "Merry Christmas." I don't say Xmas, and never will.

• LV101
    LV101

Yes - not the religious aspect but all the lights, gifts, trees, food/candy, Santas/reindeer, music. Love it all.

• joe134cd
    joe134cd

No I don’t. Simply because I just can’t be bothered with it. Saves me money and the hassal so I can enjoy my day off. I guess old habits die hard.

• Biahi
    Biahi

Oh, yes! Growing up, I feel I had NO childhood due to this nasty cult. So, I celebrate Christmas and gave my daughter many happy Christmas memories. Now my grandchildren will have happy memories too. It's been 35 years for me.

• kairos
    kairos

5 years out and i just can't get interested.

I say greetings to people, though.

• DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

Nope. Don't care. Can't say I miss it.

Asked one of our kids about it tonight and he doesn't miss it either and commented that Jews don't care about it either. Surprisingly. I've always thought of it as a Jewish (merchant) holiday.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit