December Study Watchtower - Preparing to Reveal a New Light?

by The Searcher 25 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Thisismein1972
    Thisismein1972

It's now supernova, and we all know what happens when this phenomenon happens...

...Get ready for the implosion.

• The Searcher
    The Searcher

prologos - I appreciate that many here have no interest/belief in the Bible. I'm simply trying to show any JW's/lurkers that from a purely scriptural perspective, what they're being fed regarding Romans 6:7 is a blatant lie. Whether it's factual or not, is not my reason for highlighting it - I dearly wish to let others see that their self-appointed governing body in Brooklyn are religious charlatans.

• Londo111
    Londo111

If they do change the obviously out-of-context interpretation of Romans 6:7, it might be to lay down more fear, guilt, and obligation on the rank and file. And it might impact the Watchtower interpretation of resurrection hopes, who gets resurrected, and so forth.

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

December Study Watchtower - Preparing to Reveal a New Light?

It Will Suffer The Same End..

AS ALL WBT$ NEW LIGHT..

Image result for blown out candle smoke

• prologos
    prologos

talking about death in the bible, does it not say "the wages that sin pays is death"? so, not only do we pay for our sins by our death, as A&E did, or are buried with christ in his death, death is actually a wage due us, and will be handed to us when we die? if only I could live for free, without wages.

• steve2
    steve2

One man's meat is another's poison...

Whilst I'm not personally into the specifics of Bible doctrines, many are. What's wrong with them having a voice here?

The Searcher writes in a considerate manner and has a view that, if listened to, JWs would be hard pressed to answer.

But, yes, it's not for everyone.

• xjwsrock
    xjwsrock

I see your point. The whole chapter in Romans is full of symbolism using death as an analogy (the symbolism is actually overplayed if anything). They write a watchtower article referencing this symbolism with no acknowledgement of a verse integral to their theology, right in the middle of the chapter, that they demand a literal interpretation of.

So instead of own this or at least explain it, they simply ignore it. Shows a few things to me. One, the omission is intentional and a sign of the con job that is watchtower. Two, they have zero fear of the r&f calling them out on it which means they know 99% won't actually read the scripture references or their context and they don't fear the few that do.

Their arrogance is making them sloppy though, I must say. The writing department is spoiled by the absence of criticism.

• sir82
    sir82

They write a watchtower article referencing this symbolism with no acknowledgement of a verse integral to their theology, right in the middle of the chapter, that they demand a literal interpretation of.

Sort of like the number 144,000, eh?

• EndofMysteries
    EndofMysteries

What about Hebrews 9:27, doesn't seem to show that anybody gets a free pass from at least one death..... "27 And as it is appointed unto men once to die, but after this the judgment

• Fisherman
    Fisherman

Romans 6:7 and its true meaning.

How do you know- or are you guessing.? WT claims to be guided by God, so their commentary is based upon that, but other than that, it is just a guess-unless you know.

But thanks for for the post! Very interesting as you noted.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit