The Story of My Sister - Lurkers: Is this logical?

by Funchback 17 Replies latest jw experiences

• Funchback
    Funchback

Thanks for the replies, everyone.

My sister is still happily married to the same man. Their daughter has recently graduated from college.

Almost 30 years later and she is as happy as can be despite the JW making claims that she returned to the vomit and the world has nothing to offer.

The other thing I want to respond to is about the relationship being irreparable. I'll never get those 17 years back. I never got to spend time with my niece. The stain of the Watchtower never goes away. Sure, it fades away little by little but never truly totally.

• Diogenesister
    Diogenesister

The irony is if you both had not told the elders of her church wedding, just quietly attended not making it known within the cong, they never would have DA your Sis. Again, it's not the act itself but if it is known and 'stumbles'. Not the marriage itself but what building the vows are exchanged in even though jws see all buildings as plain buildings supposedly denying that one is holier than another or more profane than another.

• WingCommander
    WingCommander
    JW's aren't a cult! Of course not. Pfffhhhhttt.
  • Ding
    Ding

I'm very glad your sister found a good life outside the borg and didn't look back.

Please don't berate yourself.

It doesn't help.

You can't recover the lost years, but you can make the most of the years you have remaining.

Spend time with her and with her family and enjoy it.

• ToesUp
    ToesUp

Funchback

So sorry this cult has done so much damage to your family. They have a lot to answer for. Hopefully soon they will be answering for so many things (child abuse).

It amazes me that they DF'd your sister for getting married in a church. Our Kingdom Hall was sold to a church several years back. Shouldn't WT be punished for supporting Christendom? The hypocrisy in this cult is staggering. I have witnessed throughout my life, "what goes around comes around." It will happen to WT one day. Just stand by and watch, WT will get caught with their pants down. They are screwing with too many lives and people are getting pissed.

Enjoy your family and live each day to the fullest. I am glad you have your sister back in your life, that is awesome. Your sister is lucky to have you.

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

As evidence shows religion affords power and control for men, subsequently the power of god is in their hands in other words, some of that "power" can influence people to do good things toward humanity some not so good.

When men publicly announce that god's holy spirit (power) such as in the Watchtower Corporate leaders (GB), streams through them watch out.

A pretentious fraud is aloof.

• baker
    baker

Your sister got Da,d for going to one of the forbidden places...apply the same rules to the org and they need to Da themselves for mingling with the UN. All were told not to touch the unclean thing, but in hiding the org was having relations with the UN. Perfect case for Da on themselves. "Do as I say, not as I do"

• Awakenednow
    Awakenednow

Hi Brian...your sister woke up and is happy and lived her adult life being loved and raised a family. Try to let go of the bitterness of the past (which is justified) and enjoy every rich moment of your life and relationships now that you are awake. As someone being shunned by my only sibling I feel your loss and can only encourage you to focus on all of the fun things you and your sweet sister and family can now do together. Make precious memories to replace the lost ones. Stay involved in your sister and nieces lives, they'll be so glad about that and what a good example for your niece to know her own mind going forward. I agree on your opines about the damaging cult policies. My comfort is they will be judged equally as harshly as they have judged the innocents in their care - karma just is. When the anger wells up inside use it to a purposeful outcome. I like serving the hungry on xmas and stuff like that. Nice things that dissociate myself lol. Wishing you all the best. Stay strong! K

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit