2003 DISTRICT CONVENTION OF JW'S ?

by Blueblades 17 Replies latest jw friends

• Sunspot
    Sunspot

Mouthy, When did they stop having those eight-day conventions? I think when I very first started attending in 1970 I went to one that was five days long.....and then there were the "Thursday afternoon-til Sunday night ones for a few years. I even recall a few that let out at 9:00 PM, and that was tough with little ones and all.

My most memorable convention was an International one in Toronto in the mid or early 90's.....when on the final song on Sunday, the Korean Delegates were gathered together on the ground floor, and sang the 2nd verse by themselves-IN Korean, and in full garb. It brought goose bumps and tears.

Has anyone ever thought that we "enjoyed" and "looked forward to" these conventions because we were programmed to? I never heard a JW say "what a crappy convention" after it was over, and of course, everyone talkes SO excitedly about the "newest publication" being pushed.....the thought of attending one NOW turns my stomach, so I just wondered.

Hugs,

Annie

• gumby
    gumby

I wonder how many poor people could recieve help from all the assemblies comined in just one district convention?

Gumby

• garybuss
    garybuss

Bb, you wrote:

Are they also talking about their" OWN "Turbulent Times dominated by Fear and Insecurity.

They must be:-) By my mail, they have a lot of both to spin away. My guess is the media will be the King Of The North for the next year . . . .

Thanks for the good thread, gb

• Stephanus
    Stephanus
    We only looked at the girlies and hung out

Er, what was hanging out, Shamus?

• Mary
    Mary

Hey Mouthy, were you at the Buffalo Assembly in 1969?? That thing wasn't 8 days, it was a thousand days........anyone who was there will generally agree it was the WORST assembly experience ever..............

• sandy
    sandy

Can someone direct me to the thread on the talk given at last year's convention, Beware of the Voice of Strangers?

Thanks.

• seeitallclearlynow
  • sandy
    sandy

yeah seeitallclearlynow, that is the one.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit