2003 DISTRICT CONVENTION OF JW'S ?

by Blueblades 17 Replies latest jw friends

• Blueblades
    Blueblades

From the authorized site of The Office of Public Information:

In turbulent times dominated by fear and insecurity,those who attend the 200 upcoming three and four day programs of Bible Education in some 62 cities across the United States can expect to be Spiritually Refreshed and Rejuvenated.

JW'S 2003 D.C.will carry the theme"GIVE GOD GLORY".

Does anyone know why there are three days and then four days in different cities?Will they cram four days of Spiritually Refreshing and Rejuvenating programs of Bible Education into three days in some cities and then stretch it into four days in some other cities?

Are they also talking about their" OWN "Turbulent Times dominated by Fear and Insecurity.

Blueblades

• shamus
    shamus

The district conventions were very tiring. We only looked at the girlies and hung out - I remember making many trips to the store, just because I did not want to fall asleep!

The worst were the dramas.... UUUUGH! When I first went into the truth, everyone was like "OOOOH THE DRAMAS!!! THEY'RE SOOOO GOOOD!!! COME FOR THE DRAMAS!!!" They were absolutley HORRIBLE! Same every year - some young kid talkin' about a modern day problem, let's go back in time, bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla.

• ScoobySnax
    ScoobySnax

Funny.... the Conventions were for me always a highlight, I know I'm speaking outta turn here (whats new!) Anyone wanna join me for Twickenham this year?!!

• Mary
    Mary

Does anyone know why there are three days and then four days in different cities?

Because the poorer cities only have enough Kool-Aid for three days, while the more afluent ones have enough for the full four days.

• shamus
    shamus

No, I have a better idea.

The CRAPPY FOOD that they say that we should buy (ooooh - those satanists that go out and eat at a local restaurant for lunch.... OOOH! ) brings in too much money. They want the cash$$$$$$$.

Anyone remember that horrible food? I hated it - we always went out for lunch.

• acsot
    acsot

This year certain "privileged" cities are designated as International Conventions, and therefore will have foreign delegates, missionaries and the like on hand to give "upbuilding" experiences and "encouraging reports" to all in attendance. This is in addition to the regular Spiritual Food so indispensable to the crowded throngs, therefore, the International Conventions will begin on Thursday afternoon, 1:00 or 1:30 or something like that. So it's actually three and a half days, but for the poor saps who have to travel from out of town it's an additional expense for an extra night at a hotel. But that's okay, because it's all for Jehovah, right?

Excuse me now, I have to hurl.

• mouthy
    mouthy

Dont know why any one would complain about 3-4 days assemblies in MY day they were 8 days long.... Yep I was one of the "controlled" loved the assemblies..>being the self rightous b.....H... I am>>> the one the "stint" that stays in my mind( anyone remember it???)>Was two Great big Roller towels on stage ( like they used to have in washrooms)One Was with hundreds of dirty hand marks on it...The other white as snow nothing on it at all.The talk???? was to the sisters >> What Towel is your body???? If all the hands that had been laid on YOUR body showed up????Would you be the dirty towel?????Before I was a JW I had quite a few boy friends..... I knew what towel I was... Guilt guilt guilt.... Works all the time to make you work harder....

• be wise
    be wise
    two Great big Roller towels on stage ( like they used to have in washrooms)One Was with hundreds of dirty hand marks on it...The other white as snow nothing on it at all.The talk???? was to the sisters >> What Towel is your body????

HA HA HA!

Mouthy, you should write a book with experiences like that, they’re priceless. The 'truth' didn't make them see the c hauvinistic attitude they had did it. I mean it took 'new light' to make them see that women that were raped weren't guilty because they didn't scream but that they were fornicator's who made the rapist do it because they wern't 'modest' enough.

be wise.

• Haereticus
    Haereticus

Mouthy

That towel thing was pictured on Watchtower or Awake in sixties as well, I do recall that. Those were the days of old. I hope they will not return. About ten years earlier one simply went mad and/or lost eyesight by simply masturbating. Was I brought up stupid or something?

Mark

• blondie
    blondie

mouthy, here is a quote from the WT article based on that talk:

11/15/64 WT

pp. 693-694 How the Organization Should View Chasteness

Originally, legal marriage was the natural outlook that God set before men and women. Every human has the right to lead a clean life in anticipation of an honorable marriage. No person has the right to pollute his fellow creature who has such a God-given prerogative by forcing sexual immorality upon his fellow creature or by tempting him into it. No selfish person has a right to spoil the privilege and prospects of a fellow creature to an honorable, happy, healthy marriage. No one has a right to prevent another from having such a desirable marriage by misusing the sex organs or processes of that one. We should respect the bodies of other persons as well as our own. Hence no Christian girl should make herself like a public towel on which any man can wipe his hands by means of immorality. What self-respecting man who believes in health and hygiene would want to wipe his hand on a dirty public towel by marrying a girl who makes a harlot of herself, a prostitute? Girls, do not make yourselves a dirty towel for public use, available to the dirty hands of any whoremonger, any symbolic "dog."

I missed this assembly because my family didn't have enough money to go. I'm glad! What about the JW men who "soil" these young women. How do they manage to stay pristine clean?

Blondie

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit