Because it's possible

by Gorb 17 Replies latest jw friends

• NotFormer
    NotFormer

"Because I can" is probably the Anglosphere's equivalent. Sam Herd is pushing the envelope here. Just because he can, doesn't mean he should!

• NotFormer
    NotFormer

Balaamsass2 That photo of Franz is interesting and possibly instructive. Even though he's wearing a flannelette* shirt, he's still wearing a tie**. Even in JW land, I don't see how that made it alright! Rules for thee, but not for me, perhaps? I bet that he wasn't wearing jeans with that shirt. Probably a pair of trousers with a crease so sharp you could cut yourself on it!

*In Australia, they're made from cotton, not wool, so we don't call them flannel shirts***.

** It doesn't excuse anything: it still looks ridiculous!

***People who wore those shirts used to be called "Westies" (for the lower-class Western suburbs of Sydney: Penrith, Mt. Druitt, etc.). Now the term is "Bogan".

• Gorb
    Gorb

Because I can" is probably the Anglosphere's equivalent. Sam Herd is pushing the envelope here. Just because he can, doesn't mean he should!

Thats how it is also in Dutch, thx!

Gorby

• TonusOH
    TonusOH

I wonder if there are any rank-and-file who get the impression that they are allowing beards because some of the GB wanted a beard.

• LV101
    LV101

All that secret wealth/luxurious lifestyle to flaunt watches/designer suits for entertainment/theatre image. Maybe they should rock some 'jesus' sandals with their GQ attire/beards. Appearance is important on stage and beards to display popular style/touch of mainstream freedom. What freedom - can you stand it! Beards for public appeal and membership drive-delusions.

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

I’ve long felt that JW Broadcasting was one of the best things that ever happened…

…they found their true calling as televangelists, and we were proven right.

Honestly, I suspect the only thing that woke up more still-ins was Covid.

• FragrantAddendum
    FragrantAddendum

wt tv just exposed the gb as frauds even quicker

they basically hung themselves right in front of everybody

kinda like haman

• Beth Sarim
    Beth Sarim

They gave themselves enough rope to hang themselves with it.

You see,,man made.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit