Beth Sarim - Do The Local Dubs Visit The Current Residents?

by Stephanus 10 Replies latest jw friends

• Stephanus
    Stephanus

Or do they avoid it like the plague?

• freedom96
    freedom96

I live near there, and still haven't made it to see what it looks like. One of these days I suppose.

I don't think it is talked about at all with current witnesses. I never knew it existed until after I had already left.

• Blueblades
    Blueblades

Beth Sarim,built in 1929 and sold in 1948.( House of Princes ).Adjoining Beth Sarim but separated by a half--mile width of canyon was Beth Shan ( House of Security ).

Beth Shan had a Bomb Shelter.Yet they said that they trusted in the Lord for protection before a judge when asked about Japan bombing that area.Building a Bomb Shelter for a select few tells the real truth.

Blueblades

• freedom96
    freedom96

It would be very interesting if the place goes for sale. I would go look if that were the case.

• Fruitcake
    Fruitcake

I think the Ghost of Brother Rutherford haunts the place.....

But the living Ghosts, the old GB at Bethel scare me more!!

• nightwarrior
    nightwarrior

The organization plan trips to Egypt /America ( Bethel ) Showing newly dedicated ones the new printing presess ,

Yet they cut short any mention of this wonderfull historic pinacle of there own making ,its just not right to dwell on matters relating to false testimonys and lies perpetrated by the organisation,this historical building shows that the foundation of the watchtower is built upon a rock mass of lies and deceit,perpetrated by a money making rank and file of swindlers which has escelated into todays version of the so called governing body .

lying cheating brainwashing and subtafuge,milking enslaving browbeating and demoralizing most core members ,leading them just like sheep to the slaughter of there own souls.

MR NIGHTWARRIOR CHRIS .

• jgnat
    jgnat

I am kind of a visual person. Nice digs.

http://www1.tip.nl/~t661020/engels/beth-sarim/beth_en.htm

• jgnat
  • Francois
    Francois

The way I've always had it figured is that Rutherford, wanting to live in the salubrioius climate of California, dreamed up this convenient prophecy about the ancient worthies coming back "any time now" as they are all wont to do. Lord knows it's a lot warmer there in California than it is in Brooklyn.

So Rutherford comes up with the return of the ancient worthies prophecy, has this mongo house built (and stocked to the ceiling with good whiskey) and then he decides he's going to live in it in order to give it that homey feeling when the ancient worthies show up. Of course, they would have had no idea what it felt like to live in a modern house with its "homey feeling" any more than Rutherford would known how it felt to live in a yurt.

However, Rutherford was coming down with rectal cancer and needed a nice soft place to park his butt. Therefore Beth Sarim. Did I mention the good cigars the place was stocked with? And a direct line to the Heidi Fliess of her day, whoever that was.

Simple when you add a little knowledge about human behavior, ain't it?

francois

• Stephanus
    Stephanus
    And a direct line to the Heidi Fliess of her day, whoever that was.

Imagine what her diary (if it ever came to light) would be worth on today's apostate market!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit