Watchtower Study: How Strong Will Your Faith Be?

by RULES & REGULATIONS 26 Replies latest watchtower bible

• RULES & REGULATIONS
    RULES & REGULATIONS
    When my husband passed away, there was no possible way I would have appeared or felt, radiant and at peace, as she appears, a short time after his death...and I still don't, a year and half later.

Konagirl : I'm sorry for your loss!

The photos in this article shame members into thinking that there is not one good excuse to miss meetings.'' Look, here we have a sister who's husband just got murdered grieving at home, but is smiling because being at the Kingdom Hall lessened her pain.'' BULLSHIT, WATCHTOWER!

We had the most pompous elder make his wife attend the Tuesday night meeting after she buried her mother that morning. Here she was sitting in the back row crying, while her pompous elder husband was conducting the Ministry School meeting. He probably made her attend that evening telling her that being at the Kingdom Hall would make her feel better than sitting home.

• StephaneLaliberte
    StephaneLaliberte
    I see a lot of negative speculation in this thread , not based on facts. In the example given , the bereaved widow finds support and comfort in her faith. This could be said of any Christian Church and has been widely attested by many people. She also found support from her friends and social network, again a common experience

When my sister passed away, I kept attending meetings and found lots of encouragements with many of my friends there. It was my friends that were a source of encouragement. Conversely, the religion itself was anything but encouraging.

1. A ministerial servant at the Kingdom Hall, told me that being "far from Jehovah results only in death". He passed that remark as he knew that my sister was disfellowshipped at the time of her death. Until that day, I didn’t know I could actually be hurt by words.
    2. Many brothers and sisters believed that my sister would not be resurrected and shared this with me.
    3. Two elders came to my house for a shepherding call and told me not to use my sister's death as an excuse to talk to my mother who was also disfellowshipped at the time.
    4. I had to conduct the funeral service as none of my JWs friends felt comfortable to do it.

This shows that in the end, I found comfort in my friends - not the religion. As my friends were Jehovah’s Witnesses, the religion claimed glory for their good deeds. Still, religion had nothing to do with it, it was friendship. This can easily be demonstrated by the fact that my non-jws friends have provided plenty of comfort in various difficult situations once I had left the religion.

• RULES & REGULATIONS
    RULES & REGULATIONS
    Conversely, the religion itself was anything but encouraging.
    1. A ministerial servant at the Kingdom Hall, told me that being "far from Jehovah results only in death". He passed that remark as he knew that my sister was disfellowshipped at the time of her death. Until that day, I didn’t know I could actually be hurt by words.

At my mothers funeral, a pompous, self-righteous elder ( who I disliked ) walked up to me while paying his respects and said to me in a smug tone, '' If you ever want to see your mother again, you need to come back to the Kingdom Hall.'' ( meaning my mom would be resurrected, and I would be dead if Armageddon arrived while I was still inactive)

• Sea Breeze
    Sea Breeze
    At my mothers funeral, a pompous, self-righteous elder ( who I disliked ) walked up to me while paying his respects and said to me in a smug tone, '' If you ever want to see your mother again, you need to come back to the Kingdom Hall.'' ( meaning my mom would be resurrected, and I would be dead if Armageddon arrived while I was still inactive)

I would have publicly slapped him so hard that he would never forget the cost of acting like an ass at my mothers funeral.

What an unfeeling, pompous little drone of an elder.

• road to nowhere
    road to nowhere

The funeral talk has the admonition to attend meetings, come back, get baptized ( but first learn the answers to the questions) For everything there is a time and that ain't it. The smug declaring people unqualified for resurrection is cruel. Being DF has way more to do with the elders than justice

I would not call jw.org a community; money grubbing rule makers they be. There is community in a group of friends.

• Gorb
    Gorb

When my granny died, the elder did not gave me condealance, but asked me for my fieldservice report.

G.

• Konagirl
    Konagirl

@Bluesbrother and @RULES & REGULATIONS,

Thank you so much for your kind words!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit