Watchtower Study: How Strong Will Your Faith Be?

by RULES & REGULATIONS 26 Replies latest watchtower bible

• pale.emperor
    pale.emperor

"I have learned that no matter what kind of test may come in the future, I will be able to face it with the help of Jehovah, Jesus, and the organization.”

You know, like a trinity?

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother

I see a lot of negative speculation in this thread , not based on facts. In the example given , the bereaved widow finds support and comfort in her faith. This could be said of any Christian Church and has been widely attested by many people. She also found support from her friends and social network, again a common experience

I do not like the article though for other reasons. It states categorically that “ Jehovah will see to your material needs” . Oh yes? If you lose your business but have good friends they may be able to help but that is hardly the hand of God.

All in all an article to say , whatever happens just keep on serving with the WT and you will be fine…..

We shall see .

• road to nowhere
    road to nowhere

Actually: churches give more support, as do communities.

I see no children, a younger attractive woman. In reality IF the story is even remotely true is an older woman with few prospects for remarriage and children estranged by the loving DF provisions.

Those if us in know how quickly we forget, and even when we don't our own relative poverty imposed by beliefs hampers any efforts.

Do not forget the "alone with someone " phobia. I was questioned about helping an attractive single because my wife did not accompany us on some errands.

• FedUpJW
    FedUpJW

Some time ago in my areas a JW woman's husband had a heart attack on Friday evening. Saturday morning while he was laying in an I.C.U. bed she traveled to the circus ass-embly about a three hour drive away.

During the mid-morning begging for donations and song break an attendant came from behind the stage to inform her that her husband had died. When they asked if she would like someone to ride with her to return to her home town she said "No". She let them know that he was dead so there was nothing she could do for him by returning home, so she would stay for the rest of the ass-emly.

Of course they let everyone know what had happened and what a "fine example of loyalty" she was when they made the noon announcements before meal break, and of course the greater majority of people in attendance stood there clapping like a bunch of trained seals.

• LongHairGal
    LongHairGal

ROAD TO NOWHERE:

I am sorry about those you mention with ‘relative poverty imposed by beliefs’. I’m glad I NEVER followed these ‘beliefs’ or teachings!

Definitely the churches of Christendom give more support..The JW religion gives nothing to anybody!!!

Any ‘help’ a person would get would be because somebody takes up a collection…They would even have the balls to go up to people criticized as ‘bad association’ because of having a career or full time job and ask them!!..Yes, they’d be cornered by some chump with an envelope. This is why I’m GLAD I’m no longer there!

Hopefully, this widowed sister in this fictional JW fantasy situation had a husband who provided well. Otherwise, she’s going to have to get a J.O.B.

Maybe if she’s lucky she won’t be shunned by certain married women in the congregation (as is the custom) who will now see her as a threat as a youngish attractive woman.

• EverApostate
    EverApostate
    It is the the same annoying stupidity that I saw years ago at the book study when people would comment about a drawing in the book as though it were an actual photograph taken in the First century!

Very good. I would have the same feeling too

For Example: Jesus supposedly raising Lazarus back to life. How likely this would have really happened? IMHO not at all. And the WT would have given a very colorful picture of a dynamic and Smart Jesus commanding dead Lazarus to come out of the tomb and a Zombie walking towards him

• RULES & REGULATIONS
    RULES & REGULATIONS
    Definitely the churches of Christendom give more support...The JW religion gives nothing to anybody!!!

Will the Watchtower Society and elders provide fictional GEYDI financial help, bereavement counseling or help with day to day hardships after she lost her husband? Paragraph 17 mentions all the help GEYDI will get to overcome the mourning of a loved one:

17 Are you mourning the death of a loved one? Take time to strengthen your faith in the resurrection hope by reading Bible accounts of those who were raised from the dead. Are you grieving because a family member was disfellowshipped? Study in order to convince yourself that God’s way of administering discipline is always best. Whatever problem is confronting you, use it as an opportunity to build your faith. Pour your heart out to Jehovah. Do not isolate yourself, but instead remain close to your brothers and sisters. (Prov. 18:1) Share in activities that will help you to endure, even if you have to do so with tears. (Ps. 126:5, 6) Keep up with your routine of meetings, field service, and Bible reading. And stay focused on the wonderful blessings that Jehovah has in store for you. As you see how Jehovah helps you, your faith in him will grow ever stronger.

• Konagirl
    Konagirl

Murdered! They picked the worst of the worse reason for her husband dying. If he was murdered, why isn't she speaking with the police instead of attending a meeting? Surely the police would have asked her questions - did her husband have enemies, could she be a suspect...I suppose all of that occurred days before she attended the next meeting. Her face is radiant as she sits in the kh; beaming, as if the light of Christ is shining upon her. Not even a puffy eye from weeping.

When my husband passed away, there was no possible way I would have appeared or felt, radiant and at peace, as she appears, a short time after his death...and I still don't, a year and half later.

Yes, JW leadership is detached from reality.

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother

Konagirl , I am sorry for your loss and I hope that you are coping better now.

For some people I think that to “keep calm and carry on “ is a grief coping mechanism. A sister I knew when we lived away lost her husband in an accident. It was noticeable how she seemed to just carry on as normal, smiling and chatting.... at meetings of course.

I met a woman in “the ministry “ once who had evidently been a regular call for someone. She said she had now been put off JWs because this sister called one day and calmly said her own son had been killed that morning,on his bike , but that it was all o k because she knew she would see him again in the resurrection........

This woman sad she was shocked and could not understand how anyone could be so blasé about such a thing. I agreed with her and said the poor sister must have been hit by it later but I did not understand either.. I do think that some people need to cling onto routines and strong beliefs at times of tragedy....

• Gorb
    Gorb

It's not all that black and white. Shades of Grey!

A community like jw.org can support you in hard times. Nothing wrong with it.

The way the writers put it in the magazine, has to do with pressure. Incorporate peer pressure among the flock.

There is a big gap between the corporation and the lot of real good people in the congregation.

G.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit