Watchtower Study: How Strong Will Your Faith Be?

by RULES & REGULATIONS 26 Replies latest watchtower bible

• RULES & REGULATIONS
    RULES & REGULATIONS

The Watchtower—Study Edition | November 2021

STUDY ARTICLE 47

How Strong Will Your Faith Be?

16 Note the example of Geydi, a sister from Guatemala. Her husband, Edi, was murdered as they were returning home from a congregation meeting. How has Geydi’s faith helped her to cope with her great sorrow? She states: “Prayer helps me throw my burden on Jehovah, which makes me feel peace. I see Jehovah’s care for me through my family and my friends in the congregation. Staying busy in Jehovah’s service eases my pain and helps me to take one day at a time without worrying too much about tomorrow. After going through this experience, I have learned that no matter what kind of test may come in the future, I will be able to face it with the help of Jehovah, Jesus, and the organization.”

Collage: 1. A sister holds her deceased husband’s necktie and cries. 2. Later that day, she attends a congregation meeting and raises her hand to comment.

Another troubling Watchtower article that programs its members to be at Kingdom Hall meetings no matter what!

Shown is a sister grieving over her husband that was murdered. (SUPPOSEDLY) She is holding his tie while grieving. Hours later, she is smiling at the Kingdom Hall answering a Watchtower article. How cruel to say that Jehovah helps with care of this widow, while he could of stopped the murder!

I’ve seen individuals over the years where they have gone to the meeting the same week as a family member was in serious condition in the hospital or a death in the family. I've seen members attend a meeting the same day they buried a family member.

• road to nowhere
    road to nowhere

I saw a man attend a ministerial training school while his wife died. They did inform him though before the thing concluded

• LongHairGal
    LongHairGal

RULES & REGULATIONS:

This type of thinking is what causes JWs to become heartless and stifles human feelings. It’s this type of heartlessness which can make it easier to shun their flesh and blood family members.

The religion doesn’t want people to grieve or be absent from the indoctrination sessions. They are afraid if this person stays away and gets comfort from neighbors or other non-Witnesses, they might not want the religion anymore. That would be their greatest fear: another one lost.

• Athanasius
    Athanasius

What is with all the smiling faces at the Watchtower Study and everyone with their hand up eager to comment? In all the years I served as an elder, I never saw a Watchtower audience that looked like that. Most in attendance were bored, sleeping, or otherwise distracted and wishing they were some place else. In a congregation with 80-100 in attendance, you would be lucky to see five or six raise their hands when the conductor called for comments.

The Watchtower editors advice to grieving ones, like their illustrations, shows how much the JW leadership is detached from reality.

• truth_b_known
    truth_b_known

Why grieve and come to terms with the murder of your spouse when you can attend meetings?

• RULES & REGULATIONS
    RULES & REGULATIONS
    Why grieve and come to terms with the murder of your spouse when you can attend meetings?

I just noticed that the widow is sitting next to an empty chair where her husband would of been sitting. She grieves when she sees his tie while getting dressed for the meeting, but doesn't grieve when she sits next to the empty chair.

• road to nowhere
    road to nowhere

" we're so proud of you for not missing meetings "

And if you miss meetings you may not be there to see him in the resurrection.

No mention of maybe should stay home in dangerous areas

• Bobcat
    Bobcat

What I always marvel at is the fact that all these photos are staged for the magazines. But listening to the comments about them you hear people describing them as if they were real. It's mind boggling. In comments about the pictures you hear people making a deep analysis of what they see in the picture, oblivious to the fact that every detail was orchestrated by whoever was directing the photo shoot.

Yet, if you pointed to a picture of someone smoking a cigarette in an ad with a smile on their face, they would immediately point out that this is planned by the advertisers.

• RULES & REGULATIONS
    RULES & REGULATIONS
    What I always marvel at is the fact that all these photos are staged for the magazines. But listening to the comments about them you hear people describing them as if they were real.

I was in for 40 years. I know that they are staged. I knew a few brothers and sisters who posed for a few photos in Watchtower magazines. The stories are made up...like the Andre stories. Most are made up like this article where the husband was murdered after the meeting. This story sounds better than if he was out drinking and got murdered after an argument.

• LongHairGal
    LongHairGal

BOBCAT:

Regarding JWs commenting on staged photos of fiction as if they were real:..

It is the the same annoying stupidity that I saw years ago at the book study when people would comment about a drawing in the book as though it were an actual photograph taken in the First century!

Do these fools actually listen to themselves?? There were no cameras or video recorders back then. It’s as though Witnesses have tricked their brains. They want to believe some ‘magic’ occurred and what they are seeing is genuine and not modern artwork dreamed up by some brown nose at bethel.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit