sister Df'd 26 years ago, wants to come back now

by ApagaLaLuz 13 Replies latest jw friends

• Mystery
    Mystery

Chevy, I agree with Nina. Call her and talk WITH her, tell her you want to know about your big sister. Get to know her. You said you have only talked to her twice in your life? I'm not trying to be mean - but have you been "shunning" her as well. You are able to go to your parents house, she is completely cut off from everyone.

If your sister is 48 and she had moved out before you were born then you are probably in your late 20's or early 30's. So you are still going 100mph. I was the same way. But now I am slowing down, I am over 40 now and it isn't so important now to go 100mph. I don't think it has anything to do with "Over the Hill at 40...50...60" I'm not a "broken down old woman" I am still learning, now I am learning to enjoy what I have, my family etc... It isn't that I didn't love them when I was 25 - 35 yrs. old, it was a fast paced love. We were always doing and going.... Now, I am enjoying them more at a slower pace. We don't have to go to every game everyone else goes to, every movie, every picnic, party..... We can spend a night playing cards as a family, eating out on the back porch, etc.... Your sister is a few years older than I am, but the principal is probably still the same. She is slowing down a little, thinking more of what has passed, realizing that we are not immortal. And being afraid. This is hypothetical, I don't know your sister. But she may just be feeling that in the end that all you have is family. Does she have children? Husband?

Get to know her. Take the time.

• mouthy
    mouthy

Me Too ,am sorry to hear that your sister wants to return.But I am sure it is the world conditions> they are being told "IT WONT BE LONG NOW"... She probably feels if she returns to the fold. She MAY make it. She is not to be faulted for loneliness > All the folks I know that are lonely feel it is hell. ( I dont have that problem>I have people daily.But the Crises Of Consience Book would be my say-so also,I am sorry if I have ignored you love. I havent been on much lately didnt know how to work the new format DAH!!!!

• rocketman
    rocketman

Hi Chevy, I wonder if your sis may be concerned that because she is nearing age 50, she feels some compulsion to return. or, maybe she's lonely, or feels that she's had her 'run' in the "world" and now she may as well go back.

Whatever the case, you've gotten some good suggestions here, but as some have already mentioned, it's her decision and perhaps in time she'll rethink it.

• rocketman
    rocketman

ascot, thanks for the links, esp to the flood essay. i had not seen that one before.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit