Elders Remove Excellent Speaker

by Vanderhoven7 23 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Diogenesister
    Diogenesister
    Exactly right. I don't really pay attention to anything much anymore when I do happen to go to a meeting, but they still may do the thing where an elder in the audience has a copy of the talk and reviews how closely the speaker follows it, especially for speakers from other congregations.

Exactly. All it would take is an experienced elder who knows the outline of the talk and it would get shut down. The fact he has a paper bible, mentioned problems with those “high up” In the organization and, finally, focusing on “confessing the name of JESUS” to be saved (with only a super brief, off-hand mention of JEEEEEEEEEEhova once, aaand....game over!

• Vanderhoven7
    Vanderhoven7

Did anyone notice the captioning colour change every time something questionable from the WTS viewpoint was being expressed?

• Half banana
    Half banana

Van I like your choice in motorbikes..... but I think that you have been seduced by the naivety of Christian propaganda.

The NT was made sacred by inclusion into the Catholic Bible for the purpose of political control. It gave the citizens under Roman rule the possibility of a transformative life experience through BELIEF, it was a confidence trick.

If "salvation" as you imply, is a life changing mental viewpoint -- it's not what most people including myself think or want. To be "saved" means to be rescued from mortal danger. I don't know about you but apart from normal hazards, I never have felt in need of salvation -- "being saved" is yet another religious concept at the disposal of preachers and leaders to tame the masses and render them susceptible to further propaganda.

Personally I expect nothing more than the one life I am familiar with -- which is the bottom line in facing reality......

However we are all at liberty to think how we wish but if we are honest and seek an accurate comprehension of the world we experience, we must, to misquote the good book; test the information. That involves understanding why it was written and later made sacred.

• Vanderhoven7
    Vanderhoven7

I appreciate your concern HB, I really do. And you are right...I have been seduced, not by the Bible per sec but by the biblical Jesus, who saved/justified and sanctified me and called me into His service of seeking and saving the lost. Christianity is relationship with Jesus Christ...something that Jehovah's Witnesses do not and cannot have. The Holy Spirit is the one who reveals both our lostness and our need for the cross which is Christ's personal wedding invitation to all of humanity to join Him in death.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit