Elders Remove Excellent Speaker

by Vanderhoven7 23 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• was a new boy
    was a new boy

He gave this Public Talk as a joke. He was invited mistakenly by the brother arranging speakers. He was already out, Df'd or disassociated when he got the invite. He went and played around with them till the elders figured it out, and booted him.

Would have been really funny if he gave the talk April 1.

• Half banana
    Half banana

I imagine he took the opportunity to take advantage of the mistake in being given a talk. because it sounds like he was 'witnessing' for his new beliefs.

If JWs have it wrong -- he too was promoting the equally implausible scripture of Rom 10;13. How simplistic to say all you have to do to be saved is, "Call on the name of Jesus"? Taking the Bible literally, is a mug's game.

These words are among those which must have made converts to Christianity so easy. It was the lure of easy salvation through mention of a 'magic' name. This simple formula is naive, there is not one piece of evidence to back it up but what bait for simple souls to believe!

In two thousand years does any one have the name of someone who has definitely been 'saved' through calling on Jesus?

Is "salvation" useful, or even desirable?

Should we listen to the words of the ex JW speaker on the platform because he now has the right interpretation on the Bible?

• Vanderhoven7
    Vanderhoven7
    In two thousand years does any one have the name of someone who has definitely been 'saved' through calling on Jesus?

As a matter of fact I know many, including myself who have called upon Christ for salvation and received the gift of the Holy Ghost.

Christianity is something to believe and someone to receive. The evidence of salvation is the transformation of a life that only the person transformed can know and give testimony to by a change in behaviour.... though skeptics without knowing the person before or after may choose to deride.

• GodBeliever
    GodBeliever

We will know by this that we are of the truth, and will assure our heart before Him in whatever our heart condemns us; for God is greater than our heart and knows all things. Beloved, if our heart does not condemn us, we have confidence before God; and whatever we ask we receive from Him, because we keep His commandments and do the things that are pleasing in His sight. This is His commandment, that we believe in the name of His Son Jesus Christ, and love one another, just as He commanded us. The one who keeps His commandments abides in Him, and He in him. We know by this that He abides in us, by the Spirit whom He has given us.

1 John 3:19‭-‬24

• RubaDub
    RubaDub

I was somewhat skeptical about this video. But when I used some tools to listen in closely to the elder that told him to stop the talk, the elder simply told him "You can't keep giving this talk with your flies wide open."

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother

Hmmm. I heard nothing that would justify stopping the talk for its content. I have heard far worse in kingdom hall, unintentional misinformation.

If was-a-new-boy is right, perhaps they realised he was not suppused to be there. But a speaker who praises pioneering and referrs positively to 1914 is not apostate to me.

• minimus
    minimus

I listen to most of this and yes he’s a very good speaker and that might be the problem. The watchtower society doesn’t want your speakers to do anything but follow the outline

• RubaDub
    RubaDub

the watchtower society doesn’t want your speakers to do anything but follow the outline

@Min ...

Exactly right. I don't really pay attention to anything much anymore when I do happen to go to a meeting, but they still may do the thing where an elder in the audience has a copy of the talk and reviews how closely the speaker follows it, especially for speakers from other congregations.

• 08out
    08out

That happened to me while giving a talk away,I saw the elder checking off points in the outline in his lap,I told him afterward I saw him doing that and of course he denied it .Liar

• rh3988
    rh3988

@Vanderhoven7

Please accept Vishnu, Brahma, and Shiva as the way to salvation. You should also accept Allah just to be on the safe side. They are our only hope(s).

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit