Is the Watchtower out of Blessings?

by jst2laws 12 Replies latest watchtower bible

• jst2laws
    jst2laws

BigRed,

be careful about this mother daughter thing

Right. In fact I have some proof here to dispell that theory, but that discussion would also get me into trouble too.

What are you doing on the computer. You should be preparing for you afternoon mental chess game.

STAY CALM!

Steve

• peacefulpete
    peacefulpete

This kind of selective perception is the root of all religious conviction. Whenever something fortunate happens it is seen as validation of God's support and blessing, When bad happens it is not seen as evidence of disfavor but rather the work of the Devil and allowed as a test of faith. Few people ask objectively if their own actions or that of others may have precipitated the result. Or if the laws of satistical probability could have predicted the likely outcome of any situation. Good and Bad things happen without gods or boogiemen pulling the strings.

• MegaDude
    MegaDude

Covington's drinking and DFing is covered briefly in Jim Penton's book "Apocalypse Delayed." I remember that Colin Quackenbush told my ex-laws about it also. Colin admired Covington and gave Covington's funeral talk.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit