Another JW "friend" bites the dust

by TerryWalstrom 24 Replies latest jw friends

• Still Totally ADD
    Still Totally ADD

So sorry for your loss. I to have a good friend still in the cult and I wonder if I will ever be able to talk to him again. It was said it is like losing your friend twice. How true that is. You are such a great story teller and I thank you for that. Take care. Still Totally ADD

• LV101
    LV101

The pain of an ex-JW that keeps on giving. Proof fantasies and belief systems choke out reality even for some great intellectuals at such loss to themselves and others.

So sorry, Terry -- and Tollie's loss of not having you especially in the winter of his life. Recall reading your account of Tollie not too long ago -- needless to say, you're an incredible writer.

Keep care.

• TerryWalstrom
    TerryWalstrom

DIOGENESISTER: Would you like me to ask on Reddit if anyone knows these fellow friends of yours? It has a large active readership - over 20,000

Me: That would be wonderful--thank you!

• TerryWalstrom
    TerryWalstrom

As I near the end of my earthly course (I couldn't help myself--I had to use that JW-speak for fun)--I realize two things.
    1. If we want to reclaim a friend and do nothing--we lose them absolutely. (I tried, but should have tried again.)
    2. Once a person is gone the opportunity (however difficult) is done.

Death's FINALITY is the part that eats away at your heart.

• tiki
    tiki

Being female and in that age group...the draft...Vietnam...the 1975 hype...I feel for you Terry...and your former soulmates. How sad how very misled we were....and some things you just never heal from....poor tollie....victim that never broke free of the shackles...

• Diogenesister
    Diogenesister

If we want to reclaim a friend and do nothing--we lose them absolutely. (I tried, but should have tried again.)

2. Once a person is gone the opportunity (however difficult) is done.

Death's FINALITY is the part that eats away at your heart.

Terry I couldn't agree more. Perhaps that's a key part of why intelligent people are attracted to the witness theology - that ache in the pit of your heart when you realise you will never spend time with someone again, not in some ethereal unknown heaven, but on our beautiful home.

My

e+1
  • TheWonderofYou
    TheWonderofYou

I found this, ?

JOE RAY PRUETT, SR., former owner of Pruett's T.V. Repair, passed away at his home on September 15, 2004. He is survived by his wife, Donna; son, Joe Jr. and his wife Gina; and grandson, Justin. A Memorial Service will be held at 10:00 AM Saturday, September 18, 2004, at the Kingdom Hall of Jehovah's Witnesses, 114 Staffordshire Road, Stafford, TX 77477.

• TerryWalstrom
    TerryWalstrom

TheWonderofYou: JOE RAY PRUETT, SR., former owner of Pruett's T.V. Repair, passed away at his home on September 15, 2004
    _____

Oh fer Crissakes!
    That sucks. This time I'm just more angry than anything.

THANK YOU for finding this.

Joe was my first friend inside Seagoville. He went out of his way to make me feel like I had solidarity with others.
    Joe had a terrific sense of humor. He spoke fast and was a bit of cut-up.
    He was paroled 6 months before I was.
    When I was paroled, I had a LIST with all the Brothers names and addresses I took with me.
    My mother ended up throwing it away. (Gr-r-r-r-r)

I've searched for him time and again to no avail.

I'm going to try and contact this family and simply ask (just to make certain) if Joe had been an inmate in Seagoville.

Huge sigh.
    What a stab in the heart. Another one gone forever.

• myelaine
    myelaine

I'm sorry about the loss of your friends Terry. ❤

• TheWonderofYou
    TheWonderofYou

Could it be him? He writes "pruitt" not pruett as you wrote.

I further found a Ron Clayton in oklahoma who is leader of the Indian mission of the Church of Christ on youtube where he is guest speaker seemingly a man in the 70ies

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit