Rookie exJW Question

by Phoebe 49 Replies latest jw friends

• berrygerry
    berrygerry

WT was always driven by sales and money. They simply changed their wording and methods over the years.

http://imgur.com/a/KvYUq

• Spiral
    Spiral

Phoebe: It doesn't matter who is right or wrong. The point is, once again they couldn't be upfront and honest about it. So, we all thought this was God's direction.A loving arrangement to simplify things and get that all important message into people's hands.

I remember when the "donation arrangement" came in to being - and what a hassle that was out in service - I thought, well, that's brave of them. Trusting in God like that!

Now we know differently. I really hope it cost them, and will continue to cost them. The spin they put on things is just amazing. They should go into politics.

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

We were told it was because it was so very important we got God's word into people's hands we were going to give it to them and just ask for a donation.

They didn't come out in honest fashion and say we cant charge for literature anymore because of the organization's designation as a non prophet charity organization.

It was the new US laws which created this change but of course the WTS heads lied as they are known to do.

• snare&racket
    snare&racket

Google "Rand Cam Watchtower"

You will see US government documents proving that WT owned a NAVY military company.

My best friend figured I was lying and wrote to bethel, they sent him (via the elders) a reply indicating they owned it for years without knowing. He wasn't allowed a copy of their reply. By this time I had left, he went into a major depression.

i spoke to finance experts who said WT were lying. Nobody owns a company without knowing it, obviously....

• sparrowdown
    sparrowdown

Great intel snare&racket.

• Listener
    Listener

Thanks Orphan Crow for the link to the report the Watchtower lodged in regards to the Swaggart case.

• joe134cd
    joe134cd

https://youtu.be/_pehwx1gAnw

At the 4:25min mark. Is where he gets into the Swaggart case. Its all in black Black and white.

• Old Navy
    Old Navy

Quote from Phoebe:

This is a secret society, with secret letters and secret books and I like, millions of others, went along with everything, trusting every word they said, thinking it was Jehovah God's direction.

Aye, that is very true indeed! There is a hierarchy with an inner circle which has "knowledge" unknown to the lower levels. The lower levels are exploited to serve the "interests" of the inner circle. And while they claim to be an instrument of the Almighty One, by their fruits it is very apparent that they are truly in servitude to the Father of the Lie. One might say that they are a typical satanic cult.

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

by their fruits it is very apparent that they are truly in servitude to the Father of the Lie.

To add to that its obvious the WTS heads (GB) are subservient to their own means and purpose as a religious publishing house not god's.

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

Once again, for the newbies, lurkers, and trolls...

...if you have to cheat to defend your beliefs, your beliefs don't deserve to be defended.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit