Rookie exJW Question

by Phoebe 49 Replies latest jw friends

• Phoebe
    Phoebe

It doesn't matter who is right or wrong. The point is, once again they couldn't be upfront and honest about it. So, we all thought this was God's direction.A loving arrangement to simplify things and get that all important message into people's hands.

The Watchtower should know 'Transparency breeds trust and trust breeds good team work'

This is a secret society, with secret letters and secret books and I like, millions of others, went along with everything, trusting every word they said, thinking it was Jehovah God's direction.

If you continue to watch Jason Zelda's video, you learn about the child custody book. I went through a custody battle and no one told me there was a child custody book!

So what else don't I know???

• John Davis
    John Davis

Child custody packet is not that secret. Every year there is a letter on the information board that talks about those that are going through a child custody case where the beliefs of JWs maybe raised should talk with the elders so they can request a copy.

• John Davis
    John Davis

never a jw: most courts that have had this issue raised has determined that JWs are not agents of Watchtower nor is there a fiduciary relationship, so again it would be a question of who would be having to file the taxes with the state.

• Phoebe
    Phoebe

@John Davis

Sure wish the elders had told me. I did not know about it. Have they always had that? In 1987 I was in the high court in London fighting for my two eldest kids.

• John Davis
    John Davis

I am not sure if they had it back then. I just know that now there is always a letter stating that. It doesn't really even give legal advice since, at least in the US, family law is so complicated and every case is extremely unique. It just gave a list of cases that courts had ruled that were favorable in the respected country. It is meant so that the publisher can give it to their lawyer so that it will be easier for the lawyer to find the relevant cases. Actually thinking about it, I don't even know that it would be available in every country because obviously, every country is unique with regards to their laws.

• dubstepped
    dubstepped

Other than taking the subject at hand off in another direction, which is a tactic of the old poster who was banned with his legalistic ramblings designed to throw the actual topic off course, why does it matter who would have paid taxes? It didn't happen, and obviously the Borganization was concerned about it, and it resulted in changes and lies to the rank and file about why the new donation arrangement. JWs were once again proven to be dishonest and aligning themselves with anyone necessary to protect their money, as no matter who paid it would have impacted their bottom line, the only thing that really makes them change.

• John Davis
    John Davis

Dubstepped:

I was responding to this portion of the original post:

Can anyone tell me if the Watchtower really did support this person in their court case and was it because they were worried they'd lose their charity status?

And I responded to the issue on the statement that the child custody packet is secret. I stated that it may not be distributed to everyone, but that it isn't secret that it is announced that there is this packet every year.

So instead of just thinking that I am the one that pushed it off the subject I was responding to the actual post. So why don't you just leave me alone.

• dubstepped
    dubstepped

Where did I address you specifically in my post? You aren't that former poster so why do you care if I referenced him. I never said that you pushed it off subject, so why so defensive? I merely brought the topic back around to the realities if the situation rather than speculation over things that didn't occur. Why does that bother you?

• Stirred
    Stirred

All new to me as well since I was baptized mid-1990s. Thank you for sharing!

• Chook
    Chook

Phoebe it floored me emotionally when I found out that JWs died in Malawi for a GB decision based on very little facts, it was essentially a identity card because there was no opposing political party. To find out sisters were raped and murdered, houses torched for a religious political decision blows my mind. There used to be a member called Farkel read his stories it will enlighten you.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit