Did you ever meet someone born in the 1800’s?

by Fisherman 38 Replies latest jw experiences

• Ding
    Ding

I knew a man who was born in 1864 and lived to age 106 (born when Lincoln was President, 39 when the Wright brothers made their first flight, and saw Armstrong and Aldrin walk on the moon).

My own grandmother was born in 1882 and lived to be 98.

• Fisherman
    Fisherman
    At 91+

You hang in there Waton! The righteous will possess the earth and live forever upon it.

• Sea Breeze
    Sea Breeze
    Conversed with F .Franz, Br. Friend,

Waton, can you something up? Was Bro. Franz also called Br. Friend? If so, why?

• punkofnice
    punkofnice

Yes. My Great Grandmother who was the daughter of the Rt Hon. Mrs Rawlings of Warwickshire. Born on 1 September 1879 in Brentford, Middlesex. Died aged 90 (I'm showing my snobby side now).

Her life 'overlapped(tm)' mine.

I will have met others, but they're all dead now so it doesn't matter. I'm glad I didn't meet Bro (tm) Franz, he was a nut job.

• Phizzy
    Phizzy

I met my grandparents, and a great Aunt, all born in the 1800's. But they all died before I was four.

• Earnest
    Earnest

waton : Conversed with F .Franz, Br. Friend, ...

Sea Breeze : Waton, can you [clear] something up? Was Bro. Franz also called Br. Friend? If so, why?

Sea Breeze, on the offchance that waton doesn't see your query, Br. Friend was a translator, a traveling speaker, a director of Biblical dramas over radio station WBBR, and one of the founding instructors of Gilead where he taught Public Bible Speaking and Bible Research for seventeen years. He also voiced many of the characters in convention dramas in later years. His life story is in the April 15, 1967 Watchtower, pp.249-255 A Theatrical Spectacle to the World, Both to Angels and to Men and his obituary is in the June 1, 1983 Watchtower, p.30 Graduating to a Higher Assignment.

• Biahi
    Biahi

Punky, do you know the queen? Lol

• punkofnice
    punkofnice
    Biahi - Punky, do you know the queen? Lol

I know lots of queens but not the one you're thinking of.

I did a DNA test, some very long and complicated research and don't want to brag about anything......**(Cough) Robert the Bruce (Cough)**

• road to nowhere
    road to nowhere

I met old Freddy while working backstage. My impression was he was very glad we got to meet him, no humility. But he could talk like he was on acid.

• dropoffyourkeylee
    dropoffyourkeylee
    Yes, Brother Friend was a well known figure back in the day. I think his first name was Maxwell, but I might be mistaken. His voice was really distinctive and was used in most of the assembly dramas in the '70s and '80s.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit