Shocking

by Freedom rocks 25 Replies latest watchtower bible

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

JWs only help themselves the general public gets dick, there no acts of Christianity as far as charities go with the JWS,

Why ?

Because they have been instructed by the WTS leaders to not not give to charities.

But they have been encouraged to give money to the them (WTS), even to a point of getting children to give up their candy money. ........ selfish apathetic jerks

• paradiseseeker
    paradiseseeker

Furthermore, there are a lot of people who approach JWs just to get company or some sense of stability in their lives and the Borg doesn't have a problem with that, they indeed encourage love bombing those people.

Motives actually don't matter as long as the money doesn't go to the wrong hands.

• Ding
    Ding

James 2:15-16: "Suppose a brother or sister is without clothes and daily food. If one of you says to him, "Go, I wish you well; keep warm and well fed," but does nothing about his physical needs, what good is it?'

James 1:27: "Religion that God our Father accepts as pure and faultless is this: to look after orphans and widows in their distress and to keep oneself from being polluted by the world."

Of course, JWs can't count their time for doing such things...

• ttdtt
    ttdtt

Just like the bible says.

14 Of what benefit is it, my brothers, if someone says he has faith but he does not have works?p That faith cannot save him, can it?q 15 If any brothers or sisters are lacking clothing* and enough food for the day, 16 yet one of you says to them, “Go in peace; keep warm and well fed,” but you do not give them what they need for their body, of what benefit is it?r 17 So, too, faith by itself, without works, is dead.s

• smiddy3
    smiddy3

The works JW`s think they have to do is to slave for the Watchtower organization.?

• stillin
    stillin

Let me give you half of my spiritual turkey sandwich.

• stuckinarut2
    stuckinarut2

Thanks for posting those excellent scriptures Ding and TTDTT.

Very appropriate to highlight the appalling conduct of the society!

• Lost in the fog
    Lost in the fog

"To the extent that you did it to the least of these my brothers you did it to me."

The GB apply these words to the anointed class, saying how much the other sheep should support the anointed by preaching etc.

I used to work alongside a girl who was a Methodist and she'd been busy one weekend with her church supporting a local community cause. Anyway she was telling everyone about it on the Monday morning and she quoted the above words of Jesus, adding of course everyone who looks to the Father, Jesus has accepted as his brother. To her it wasn't about reinterpretating Jesus's words as picturing a "class", it was about taking them at face value.

Simple as that.

PS: I have always supported charities that help people and animals. I never understand JWs saying they won't give to worldly charities. I always took it to be a matter of conscience. Of course now I only give to charities doing good deeds and haven't donated anything to the WTS for several years now.

• jp1692
    jp1692

Shocking? Maybe.

Surprising? Not at all.

Let's review: It's a cult!

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

The fact that their own Bible tells them to look after the poor over 600 frigging times notwithstanding...

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit