Shocking

by Freedom rocks 25 Replies latest watchtower bible

• Freedom rocks
    Freedom rocks

Their version of helping people. Totally shocking.

• Freedom rocks
    Freedom rocks
    In an article they thanked people for wanting to donate to natural disaster victims but that the cheques not state that coz then it would have to be spent on them and that it would be better if the society could choose to spend the money where it was "really" needed. On other words probably the GB or literature
  • The Fall Guy
    The Fall Guy

C'mon Freedom rocks - give the WTBTS/JW's a break!!!!

Everything they say & do is based on Bible teachings or principles. They're just imitating the principle in Jesus' illustration about the Good Samaritan.

The Good Samaritan immediately preached to the injured Jew about the Samaritans' religious beliefs, because he knew that the injured man could only benefit long-term by hearing "the truth."

Or did I misunderstand what the story was about?

• Freedom rocks
    Freedom rocks

😂

• paradiseseeker
    paradiseseeker

They have learned from Jesus' experience: he fed 5,000 people who in most cases were not interested in Christianity and learned that he was WRONG and a NAIVE for doing that.

The GB, who is more perfect and has a better long-term view of things than Jesus, is the one we must follow now.

• stuckinarut2
    stuckinarut2

Great thread!

Yes, the GB really don't see just how heartless that classic paragraph makes them look!

• Wake Me Up Before You Jo-Ho
    Wake Me Up Before You Jo-Ho

"Otherwise some may associate with us only for personal advantage."

Boom. Freudian slip exposed. You hear that, folks? Becoming a Witness is not of any personal advantage for you. "Bestlifeever only applies to the Governing Body. The rest of you rank and file can rot.

• ToesUp
    ToesUp

It sums up WT perfectly!

• westiebilly11
    westiebilly11

..drowning man needs swimming instructions not a life belt....point taken....gee.

• Captain Schmideo2
    Captain Schmideo2

I am of two minds on this:
    1) You may have heard of the term, "Rice Christians". As defined in Wikipedia:
    "The term comes from Asian countries, such as India, China and Japan. Concerns have been expressed both by Christian missionaries and by those opposed to Christian missions that people in these situations are only nominally converting to Christianity in order to receive charity or material advancements.[2] One of the earliest examples of this concept in English appeared in 1689 with the writings of William Dampierwhen he wrote regarding the French priests' effort to convert people of Tonkin that "alms of rice have converted more than their preaching." "

Also, having run into people who have thought nothing of traveling from town to town, no real job or source of income, hitting up churches and organizations for money to help them in their "time of need", I can see why any organization would be cautious.

However, in the case of the JW org, they don't even help THEIR OWN in times of financial need. Chronically sick sister in the hall, can't work, barely existing? "Get the family to help, or get her to ask the Government for assistance."

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit