France's niqab ban violates human rights, UN panel says

by Richard_I 20 Replies latest social current

• sir82
    sir82

It's not illegal in the UK either. However most banks, Post offices, filling stations etc do require helmets to be

removed.

Thanks, that makes sense. The other post either implied or outright stated (can't recall after edit) that it was always illegal.

• LoveUniHateExams
    LoveUniHateExams

It's not illegal in the UK either. However most banks, Post offices, filling stations etc do require helmets to be removed - right.

Plus it's normal behaviour for bikers to remove their helmets when they dismount. For a biker to park his bike then keep his helmet on would be very strange. The purpose of helmets is to protect the head when the motorbike is in use.

The purposes of the niqab are quite different.

• Simon
    Simon

Have the UN human rights idiots also declared the bans in the Islamic countries where they are not allowed also in violation?

What about during muslim festivals when they are banned?

These are extremist islamist tools of subjugation and the "Human Rights" people should have is to walk around free of them. Banning them helps with this.

We should also have the right to see people's faces and not be terrorized or intimidated by such outward displays of religious control which can be and have been used to mask people involved with terrorism.

• Simon
    Simon
    I would love for someone close to their headquarters walk up to the entrance with a bed sheet over them and try to get in.

In a similar vein, I'd love someone to run up to Trudeau and shout "Have-a-Snackbar" (no, god is not great, he's a fucktard like the people who shout it). I wonder if him and his security detail would rush to embrace someone so they could show they truly believe that diversity is our strength ... or would he rush for cover like everyone else?

• zeb
    zeb

Human rights?....being run down by a loony in a stolen truck would seem to violate mine if i were there and I am thankful i am not.

• eyeuse2badub
    eyeuse2badub

I think that the Muslim women are just following jehober's example---of not showing their face. Except if you get to see jehober's face you die!

just saying!

• Queequeg
    Queequeg

I was just in France a few weeks ago. Saw a few Muslim women wearing medical face masks, apparently trying to get around the law. Of course, their husbands wore normal clothing.

• waton
    waton

When I was young, 1930s, I remember the men even lifting their hats high, as a greeting, to show of their bald spots. ha ha, No! As a common gesture of friendliness, openness, identifying Friend or Foe.

This wearing of masks is not integration, which is the requirement of many countries for admission.(or should be)

• 2+2=5
    2+2=5
    I was just in France a few weeks ago. Saw a few Muslim women wearing medical face masks, apparently trying to get around the law. Of course, their husbands wore normal clothing.

It’s like theocratical warfare bullshit, such similar mindsets to the JWs.

• The Fall Guy
    The Fall Guy

What would a western government's response be if an association of males got together and membership required wearing one of these when out in a public place, as an "indicator" of their association?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit