Nobody at work knows what JWs believe

by Athanasius 37 Replies latest jw experiences

• Crazyguy
    Crazyguy

The three most common things people believe about JW I have found in my 40 plus years is 1 no holidays, 2 no blood, 3 think jws don't believe in Jesus .

• rebelfighter
    rebelfighter

Never a JW and after dating the "Elder" for 5 years up until I found this site and JWFACTS here is exactly what I knew:

NO holidays

NO blood

NO cross (so out of respect for his beliefs when we got together I would take off my cross)

AND they either can not read or obnoxiously refused to read the huge sign next to my doorbell that says "ABSOLUTELY NO SOLICITING "

• punkofnice
    punkofnice

Is it any wonder? JWs don't know what they believe either.

• oppostate
    oppostate

The "Jesus is not the mediator for the other sheep" caught me totally by surprise after I'd been an elder for five years. How I never knew that before was beyond me!

So yeah, many JW's have little clue about many "deep" truths of the Watchtower religion.

A co-worker once remarked that JW's believed in polygamy. "No, that was the mormons" I retorted. And to myself I thought "Hey, that could solve the problem of so many single sisters, wouldn't it?"

• stan livedeath
    stan livedeath

how often have you heard a dub say--" WE dont believe this--or that"-----rather than I.

seems to convey their herd mentality.

• John_Mann
    John_Mann

What I've heard about JW's

1- no birthdays.

2- no Christmas.

3 - no blood.

4- no Jesus.

5- it's a cult.

• bohm
    bohm

Never a jw but fairly informed about current events. I didnt even know about birthdayes lol.

• konceptual99
    konceptual99

As Wizzstick says, the world wide preaching work is the most ineffectual sales and marketing campaign ever.

• Bonsai
    Bonsai

In Japan they are well known for no blood, no antibiotics and no medicine. They get them mixed up with another cult that only allows for faith healing. Unfortunately for Watchtower, I'm too lazy to correct them on the medicine thing. They always talk about JWs with a look of disgust on there face - which works for me.

• stuckinarut2
    stuckinarut2

Smiddy was spot on!

Most witnesses wouldn't know the current "truth" of today themselves!

Some key doctrines keep changing, and most dont really keep up!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit