what era do you feel like your starting out from?

by sowhatnow 14 Replies latest jw friends

• MarkofCane
    MarkofCane

A returning Bethelite that served at HQ in Brooklyn New York , dropped a hint onto me as well that its just a publishing house, he was an elder too ..........whaaaa ???

Finkelstein

Did he leave the Borg?
  • Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

He kind of disappeared with his wife, both worked at Bethel and were special pioneers.

Nice guy, very well liked and respected in the Hall..

I didn't get into a deep discussion with him but he obviously had an awakening to something he perhaps saw or witnessed.

They might have moved out of the area, which does happen when people are intending to fade out of the religion not wanting to draw attention toward themselves.

• TheLiberator
    TheLiberator

I agree with the catch up thing. I try not to over think it. To say I never experienced life at all, is just not true. Even though I may feel that way at times.

Yes, when I left my heart to stone. It was the darkest time of my life. Didn't know what to think or feel. My former friends abandoned me. My mom stopped seeing and talking to me. Was unsure of my wife and kids reaction. I was heart broken. Then, a scripture came to mind. I forgot the exact details other than a blind man being thrown out of the synagogue. So I looked it up. Here is what it says. I felt Jesus was speaking to me. Afterall, he knows the motivations as to why I left.
    John: 9: 34-37: They answered him, "You were altogether born in sins, and do you teach us?" They threw him out. Jesus heard that they had thrown him out, and finding him, he said, "Do you believe in the Son of God?" He answered, "Who is he, Lord, that I may believe in him?" Jesus said to him, "You have both seen him, and it is he who speaks with you."
    Jesus heard he was thrown out. This was important to Jesus. That is why he sought out the man. He knew the heart of the man. That was the beginning of my spiritual journey out of the Watchtower. I do not feel lost anymore. Psalm: 26:12- "My foot stands in an even place. In the congregations I will bless Yahweh."

• LoisLane looking for Superman
    LoisLane looking for Superman

Yes, WT outlined how I was to think and how I would live my life, and with who I would spend that time with. Now that, yay, WT real estate and publishing house is out of my life, I realized just this past week... I am lost... and looking for my tribe.

I don't want to keep looking back on my life, but at present, I am not having all that much fun.

One thing I am doing, is trying new recipes that I've wanted to do for ages, but under too much stress, didn't even try. I am enjoying different lamb recipes and trying new Greek, Italian and Turkish dishes. I don't drink booze, but am willing to try putting some summer, fruity cocktails on the list.

My garden had a Japanese theme, this year, I am changing it up to be a Oriential-Persian Garden with flowery perfume. I have got an azaela, blooming right now. It smells so good. It is called Rosy Lights, fragerant, and very hardy. I highly recommend it.

Ever since I was a little girl, I wondered who I was going to marry, to be friends with, to laugh with. When I was about 8, one 20 plus young brother said he was going to wait for me and when I grew up, he was going to marry me. I believed him. He married someone the next year.

I never imagined I would ever live my life solo.

Heading off... Searching for my tribe...

LoisLane

• LisaRose
    LisaRose
    Hi LisaRose
    Missed you, good to see you back.

Well, I never really went away, but I've been busy with my business and haven't been commenting very much. I am astounded anyone missed me, so thank you, Mark of Cain, I'm feeling all warm and fuzzy now.

Lisa 🌹

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit