SCHEMING TO END YOUR MARRIAGE NOW AS BAD AS APOSTASY

by raymond frantz 21 Replies latest watchtower bible

• 3rdgen
    3rdgen

DOC,

I couldn't agree more with everything you said. We don't know to what extent these revisions will be followed or what supplemental instructions will be given.

In the 60 years I was a JW I was in 12 different congregations. My Father was the "Congregation Servant" (head guy before Elders) and both husbands were Elders.

Like you, I saw the variables of the administration firsthand. For example: The loudest, pushiest, or Richest ie(Donates the most) Elders have the most influence over the rest. His pet peeves, or his wifes', His favorite and least favorite people get treated differently. Fellow Elder's kids have a leg up because their father becomes their advocate. (Free WT legal advice) :) They often skate when the "Fatherless boy" gets DFed.

Every Elder interprets and administers "Society" instructions differently. The same person committing the same "offense" could have completely different outcomes depending on the 3 Elders who do the Judging.

• raymond frantz
    raymond frantz

I think the freedom to impose these new changes at will is coming to an end, according to the new changes the circuit overseers will serve far longer than 3 years in a circuit and they will recommend elders not the other way around , if that is the case wiggle room for light treatment for friends and family by the local elders is coming to an end too, what do you think?

• Balaamsass2
    Balaamsass2

It will certainly improve C.O.'s yearly "green handshake" income. :)

• FedUpJW
    FedUpJW
    or he pressured his innocent mate to reject him so that she eventually agreed to a divorce, he has dealt treacherously with her. (Mal. 2:14-16) He would not qualify for special privileges for many years

Unless like one guy where I live, you give BIG $$$$$ contributions to the congregation. He made elder in just a short time even though he was bar-hopping and doing everything except intercourse with multiple non JW women. First wife was made the scapegoat when that marriage ended, and He did the same thing with his second JW wife. He always managed to come out the "innocent" one as far as elders were concerned.

• Diogenesister
    Diogenesister

I love the "living in a post Toni Morris era"😂 . Great terminology. The PTM era or should it be 'Post Morris Toni' era? (PMT era😂)

I agree with everything you say Phil. My only caveat is that I've known of women confessing to adultery they either didn't commit, or commited unwillingly on one occasion, in order to escape a violent partner. In this case WT need to allow divorce - and not just separation - without condemning the innocent party.

• Diogenesister
    Diogenesister
    Biahi Interestingly, after they divorced, he called to ask me out on a date. I turned him down flat, I wanted nothing more to do with witnesses. So I guess she is guilty of scheming to end her marriage. 🤷‍♀️

It sounds like she had played "kiss, marry or avoid" with him....and guess which sister he picked to "kiss or marry"? Biahi!! So she asked you to baby sit!

What a story SMH! Only in the org my goodness only in the org🤦🏼‍♀️

• LongHairGal
    LongHairGal

RAYMOND FRANTZ:

What you say makes perfect sense: the bottom line is that divorce in the JW religion hurts their bottom line. Certain people (usually the ‘wronged’ partner) feel so uncomfortable that they leave.

Several decades ago it seemed that there was a rash of this going on. Man cheats on wife, gets disfellowshipped. Comes back with the new wife (usually younger and prettier) who may or may not have been from the same congregation.. Then you see them raising their hands commenting. All is well or so it seemed.

That seemed to be the recipe of how you do it in JW land.. But, I guess this was not liked by the religion because it became too common. People switched congregations and maybe left the religion altogether. Not a good thing for the religion.

• SnakesInTheTower
    SnakesInTheTower

Two words: CARLYLE, ILLINOIS.

IYKYK.

This type of behavior tore that congregation apart. They Society sent 2 MTS grads in 2002 to assist. A 3rd was there briefly and stirred the pot and was exposing more before leaving for health reasons.

Snakes ( )

• Elmer
    Elmer

More bullshit from Phil.

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

So basically…

…the WT leadership is fine-tuning the rules to prevent overly authoritarian and/or biased BOEs (a.k.a. “asshelders”)* from handling the congregations in a manner that, rather than having a positive net effect, ends up alienating more members in the long run than not (i.e. creating “apostates”)…

…which the Org can no longer afford.

I gotta say…

…for a good long while there, it definitely seemed like they wanted to get rid of more folks than they wanted to keep; it was talked about numerous times here.

I guess they finally figured out (or more likely, had it explained to them in a way that didn’t break their brains) that it wasn’t a sound survival strategy.

🤨

*Entrenched administrative and ideological holdovers from the Jaraczic Period, I’ll bet.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit