Ruth Bader Ginsburg has Died

by Simon 36 Replies latest social current

• minimus
    minimus

RBG had the chance to retire and let President Obama select whomever he wanted but SHE resisted the call for her to leave the bench. She did it her way which is certainly her prerogative. You can’t bitch and moan about it now. And don’t blame Trump. If you want to blame anyone blame Ruth.

• Simon
    Simon

Yeah, her side gambled ... and lost. But gamblers alway blame everyone but themselves for their bad decisions.

Of course the dems response to losing, as always, is to try to change the rules of the game. Lose the electoral college? Try to make it about the popular vote. Lose the majority in the supreme court? Try to change how many justices serve so you can restore their bias.

• betterdaze
    betterdaze

“My most fervent wish is that I will not be replaced until a new president is installed.”

Not elected.

INSTALLED.

• 3rdgen
    3rdgen

Installed could simply mean the time at which the candidate who is elected in Nov. actually takes office in Jan.

• minimus
    minimus

It seems the Dems will kinda pass on this “fight” and go to the next one maybe ways to impeach the AG Barr and President Trump again.

• betterdaze
    betterdaze

Hi 3rdgen, I get your drift. The time at which the candidate who is elected in Nov. actually takes office in Jan. is called inaugeration.

Justice Ginsberg did not state that.

Not elected. Not inaugerated.

INSTALLED. Like a puppet on a stage, ham-tied and hung from strings. Whose strings?

Semantics, I know. The nuance remains.

• Anony Mous
    Anony Mous

A president is installed only if the electoral system doesn't come to a result and it takes either the House/Senate or the SCOTUS at which point they may choose ANY president, not any of the candidates.

Hence when RBG said she wants to 'install' a president, that means she found neither candidate qualified and would choose a different president altogether.

I am fairly convinced the Democrat party has already made this the case, if Biden 'wins', the Democrats will replace Biden right at the electoral college and install their own candidate (Biden is only the Manchurian Candidate). If the election becomes a tie, they'll do it either at the House or SCOTUS levels.

Both Biden and Harris have let these facts slip already, when they both called it the "Harris administration".

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit