Ruth Bader Ginsburg has Died

by Simon 36 Replies latest social current

• frozen2018
    frozen2018

Maybe Trump will nominate Miguel Estrada, a Conservative jurist who is also an immigrant from Honduras. That would be an interesting move on Trump's part.

• frozen2018
    frozen2018

Mitch McConnell says all sorts of crap.

• Las Malvinas son Argentinas
    Las Malvinas son Argentinas

Welcome to the third act of 2020. No Ewok adventure in this part three, we’re skipping straight to the lightsaber duel in the Death Star. Now imagine if this lasts the entire movie and Han, Lando, Chewie, Leia and Yoda and Obi-Wan’s force ghosts start randomly showing up in the Emperor’s throne room.

This is where we are. The winners and losers are decided right here, right now.

Enjoy!

• jp1692
    jp1692

In 2016, Mitch McConnell refused to let the Senate consider Barack Obama's SCOTUS nominee, Merrick Garland, saying it is wrong for the president to name a new justice before an election.

Will he say the same thing about Trump naming a new justice now?

• minsky
    minsky

RIP RBG.

If the liberals are allowed to pack the courts, democracy is not dying, it is dead. This cannot be allowed to happen.

The McConnell rule states that no party which only holds presidency, and not the senate, should expect the senate to help him in voting through a supreme court justice in his last year. This is a sensible provision which allows voters a say; indeed, it only states that a separate branch of government should act as such and leave the matter to voters. No wonder the democrats hate it.

This has nothing to do with the present situation which is, simply, that a seat has opened, and it is perfectly consistent with all law and practice to nominate and allow the senate to vote for a supreme court justice. Indeed, considering the supreme court might need to decide matters about the election, it would be unwise to leave the seat open.

• Sea Breeze
    Sea Breeze

https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/ruth-bader-ginsburg-abortion-and-population-control?fbclid=IwAR21Og4LjcCNIYURViHRFuh1QdL6mmo9HSLamRbxeTgjuFzVnjYurf6xtYAIn 2016, Mitch McConnell refused to let the Senate consider Barack Obama's SCOTUS nominee, Merrick Garland, saying it is wrong for the president to name a new justice before an election.

Totally different scenario. The President and the Senate were were different parties when Obama nominated a justice. Now, Republicans hold the Pres. & Senate as minsky elaborates moe on above.

I doubt, the MSM will explain things reasonably though like he does and will just paint McConnel as a hypocritical.politician.

On another note:

Ginsberg was a murder-promoting eugenicist and is now awaiting judgment at another Supreme Court.

• Sea Breeze
    Sea Breeze
    "What made Marty so overwhelmingly attractive to me was that he cared that I had a brain," she said.

Liberals never tire of explaining to everyone else how smart they are. Save it for the trial Ruth.

• LV101
    LV101

Ginsberg was a murder-promoting eugenicist and is now awaiting judgment at another Supreme Court.

Sea Breeze - she was quite vocal and didn't want too many poor people born. Ginsberg was quite concerned re/population growth particularly those she (and others) didn't want. She was resolved in her liberalism and brutally honest w/issues relating to them. Seems Obama made a comment during one of his campaigns for president along same lines but directed toward the black populace.

As an attorney she was a tenacious litigator and worked hard to become a Justice of the Supreme Court - she fought for women's rights. I admire the fact she was best friends with conservative Justice Scalia and wife regardless of their differences - clearly an example to the country. The interpretation of law quite a balancing act -- their main responsibility as a Justice. Her last wish of not being replaced before President Trump out of office clearly an example of her strong political views -- not appreciated by many but I respect her honesty.

RIP Justice Ginsberg - she was a fighter! Some horrific words flying on social media about her and threats to the nation re/her replacement. Hang on tight - it's going to be bumpy.

• Sea Breeze
    Sea Breeze
    she was quite vocal and didn't want too many poor people born. Ginsberg was quite concerned re/population growth particularly those she (and others) didn't want.

Yes, her eugenics views are well illustrated by her comments. Why not educate people of color and teach them principles of success; like, how the market is color blind and ALWAYS compensates well for VALUE AND SERVICE TO OTHERS.

Instead Liberals like Ginsburg want to make sure that people of color can kill their babies for free so that it limits the financial burden of society.

When are blacks going to learn that Dems are not their friends. Republicans freed them and have been trying to get them to leave the Democratic Slavery Plantation for 150 years now.

politics fishing Memes & GIFs - Imgflip

• Simon
    Simon
    In 2016, Mitch McConnell refused to let the Senate consider Barack Obama's SCOTUS nominee, Merrick Garland, saying it is wrong for the president to name a new justice before an election.
    Will he say the same thing about Trump naming a new justice now?

If I recall, the key objection wasn't just that it was before an election but that it was the 2nd term election when the President would be a a "lame duck". i.e. their power slips away as they have no future term.

So not quite the same thing.

But even if it was, didn't the dems argue that it should be allowed - so they should now allow it, right?

* or it might have been todo with different parties controlling the WhiteHouse and Senate as Minsky said above. I believe Mitch McConnell was reminding them of a rules that Biden originally came up with.

Of course Biden probably can't remember now ... that his name is Biden! :D

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit