Ruth Bader Ginsburg has Died

by Simon 36 Replies latest social current

• Simon
    Simon

So, a supreme court nominee up for grabs ...

• frozen2018
    frozen2018

Posted at the same time. We must watch the same news feeds.

Suddenly COVID-19 recedes into the background...what will happen next?

• frozen2018
    frozen2018

The thing is, even if Trump somehow got a nominee on the bench before the election, the Dems have already floated the idea of packing the court if Biden wins.

• Simon
    Simon
    the Dems have already floated the idea of packing the court if Biden wins

Which is why conservatives should be doing the same.

Just makes the election even more interesting.

Of course it's 2020, so the election result will end up depending on a supreme court decision ... and they'll be tied, unable to break the deadlock until another judge is appointed ... which won't happen until the election is decided ... oh, well, I did say it was 2020!

• minimus
    minimus

Yep forget about Covid. The entire country will be under attack if Orange Man gets to pick yet another conservative . This will get very interesting,

• frozen2018
    frozen2018

Roberts would vote with the Libs to end the deadlock. You know I'm right about that.

• minimus
    minimus

Roberts is like a Mitt Romney.

• mickbobcat
    mickbobcat

I hope trump pushes a nomination just after the election or just before. Prepare for riots.

• frozen2018
    frozen2018

Trump might nominate someone. It's up to Mitch McConnell to bring the nominee to the Senate for confirmation. I can't see that happening before the election.

• Sea Breeze
    Sea Breeze

McConnel just stated that he will give the nominee a Senate vote. That sounds like before the election to me....else why say that? After what they did to Kavanaugh, Trump should just ignore the Dems and do what he thinks is best for the country.

Even if he loses, he can still put in a constitutional justice before he is out in January. Its a win either way.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit